PDA

View Full Version : Crestview or Holiday World?

Mike&Sandy
10-14-2020, 07:20 AM
Quick question, I'm looking at a Cougar 29BHS. Crestview in Georgetown, or Holiday World in Katy, Tx? Any comments of how they treat the customer? I'm only asking because of the horrible reviews related to customer service. Thanks for any advice, I really like this forum.

Javi
10-14-2020, 07:23 AM
Quick question, I'm looking at a Cougar 29BHS. Crestview in Georgetown, or Holiday World in Katy, Tx? Any comments of how they treat the customer? I'm only asking because of the horrible reviews related to customer service. Thanks for any advice, I really like this forum.

If I hated the ground you walked on.. I still wouldn't recommend Crestview...

I know nothing in particular about Holiday World except I've beaten their price on three different trailers.. by a substantial amount.

Mike&Sandy
10-14-2020, 07:35 AM
Hahaha, thanks for the laugh, and comment.

Javi
10-14-2020, 07:40 AM
Hahaha, thanks for the laugh, and comment.

Well, it's the truth.. bought a trailer from them and the black tank leaked a lot... they never put any water in it.. after 3 months in their shop they told me that it wasn't under warranty and tried to charge me nearly $4K for the work and a new tank..

I worked in the industry back in the early 80's as a second gig.. I knew they didn't pull the tank through the little 6" square hole they cut in the coroplast...:D

wiredgeorge
10-14-2020, 08:21 AM
Search customer reviews for both locations. Both have HORRIBLE reviews. Search indeed and glassdoor and look at what employees (mostly former) and those reviews are horrible. One consistent comment in consumer reviews was the failure to make good on any extended warranty. There is a used (2019) Cougar 29BHS in a dealership up near Midland that is about $20K less than a new one.

https://www.toliverrv.com/--xInventoryDetail?id=9396431

travelin texans
10-14-2020, 08:27 AM
Wouldn't enter Holiday World ever again!
We went in to look & the salesman was an absolute a##, said we didn't know what we were looking for, very argumentative & rude.

wiredgeorge
10-14-2020, 08:34 AM
Wouldn't enter Holiday World ever again!
We went in to look & the salesman was an absolute a##, said we didn't know what we were looking for, very argumentative & rude.

No comment bwhahahaha :D I was doing medical treatments in Houston for four months about 3 years ago and living in the South Main RV Park. When I drove home on weekends, I went by that HW location in Katy and stopped in once and the sales guy was extremely helpful and patient. I was looking at 30' plus bumper pulls Crossroads (Zinger Longhorn Edition) and Forest River if memory serves and he was very quick to find out my druthers and point me to units with features I wanted. Sorry for being a wise guy but hard to figure how someone who depends on their sales ability to make a living can get by with being a jerk and/or not knowing their products.

travelin texans
10-14-2020, 10:12 AM
No comment bwhahahaha :D I was doing medical treatments in Houston for four months about 3 years ago and living in the South Main RV Park. When I drove home on weekends, I went by that HW location in Katy and stopped in once and the sales guy was extremely helpful and patient. I was looking at 30' plus bumper pulls Crossroads (Zinger Longhorn Edition) and Forest River if memory serves and he was very quick to find out my druthers and point me to units with features I wanted. Sorry for being a wise guy but hard to figure how someone who depends on their sales ability to make a living can get by with being a jerk and/or not knowing their products.

As most of us have had, I know maybe he was having a bad day, which I could've cared less about, but as a salesperson he should've pulled up his big girl panties and left the attitude at his desk. He lost a possible sale from me & got HW a lot of free advertising from me since that day.

Mike&Sandy
10-14-2020, 11:24 AM
Thank you everyone for your suggestions/comments. I just put a down payment on one with Jim Tillman at Crestview in Georgetown, his offer was 18k under retail. Sounded way better than anyone else.

He said it's sitting at Keystone but will now be expedited. Which doesn't really matter, we were not looking at using it for a couple of months anyway.

I'll report back with updates.

dutchmensport
10-14-2020, 11:33 AM
Oh, Oh, OH .... I vote for Holiday World ... Click here! (https://www.holidayworld.com/) ... Um. Well ... that my vote anyway!

bsmith0404
10-14-2020, 01:14 PM
I work for Holiday World, but not at the Katy location. I don’t think there’s an RV dealership anywhere that doesn’t have negative reviews. One thing I do know is that the management at HW reads the reviews, responds to them, and has even called people directly or given email addresses and phone numbers out for people to contact them to help get issues resolved. I don’t know if Crestview does that.

As for sales people, anyone can have a bad day. Personally, I would never let a customer see that from me. I have had days where I had to leave my attitude at the desk and I’ve had days where I avoided talking to new customers or told other salesmen to take a customer even though it was my turn. What good would it do to talk to a customer and be a jerk,? Not gonna get a sale that way so just don’t talk to them at all if you can’t leave it at the desk/door

Javi
10-14-2020, 01:57 PM
I work for Holiday World, but not at the Katy location. I don’t think there’s an RV dealership anywhere that doesn’t have negative reviews. One thing I do know is that the management at HW reads the reviews, responds to them, and has even called people directly or given email addresses and phone numbers out for people to contact them to help get issues resolved. I don’t know if Crestview does that.

As for sales people, anyone can have a bad day. Personally, I would never let a customer see that from me. I have had days where I had to leave my attitude at the desk and I’ve had days where I avoided talking to new customers or told other salesmen to take a customer even though it was my turn. What good would it do to talk to a customer and be a jerk,? Not gonna get a sale that way so just don’t talk to them at all if you can’t leave it at the desk/door
Like I said, I have no beef with HW. They're free to set their pricing just as I'm free to pass on their offer.
Crestview is another matter, I wouldn't call the fire department if I saw them burning to the ground.

roadglide
10-14-2020, 06:07 PM
Well, it's the truth.. bought a trailer from them and the black tank leaked a lot... they never put any water in it.. after 3 months in their shop they told me that it wasn't under warranty and tried to charge me nearly $4K for the work and a new tank..

I worked in the industry back in the early 80's as a second gig.. I knew they didn't pull the tank through the little 6" square hole they cut in the coroplast...:D

It’s funny you mention the tank. Holiday world said they put a new tank in my camper under warranty and Keystone denied the repair. I wondered the same thing how they put a tank through a little square. I wouldn’t recommend holiday world to my worst enemy.

Old Mustanger
10-14-2020, 07:45 PM
No experience with HW in Katy but have dealt with the 2 near me. First experience was with the one in Mesquite, took my 2013 Outback to them with a faded front cap and they got Keystone to pay for the repaint even though I had purchased the trailer from a CW in NC. That impressed me enough to purchase our 2015 Cougar from them and received good service from them on that unit. Then the one in Alvarado opened and since they were easier to get to (no city driving) I got our Alpine from them, bad move... took it in for roof sealing and wheel bearing service, when I went back to get it they informed me that the wheel bearings didn't need new grease, I informed them that I had put over 6,000 miles on the trailer and I wanted the da... bearings greased no matter what they thought and warned them they better not use the EZ lubes. They pulled it back in and about 1/2 hour later said it was ready, I knew by the time spent that they used the EZ lubes. They will never see my shadow darken their door again, did my own bearing service the next time and had to replace 2 brake assy's due to grease on the linings. :facepalm:

gearhead
10-15-2020, 02:48 AM
We bought two 5th wheels from HW Katy. Didn't have the first one long enough to really need any service. The second one was the Montana HC. Used the same salesman for both. He was fine. He mostly just gave us the price and we signed. But their service department was the worst I ever experienced in my life. Total confusion, lack of follow up, no return calls, parts never ordered, you name it, they didn't do it. Never ever again. Never.

travelin texans
10-15-2020, 07:56 AM
It's been said here many times that when purchasing a RV shop their service department 1st then the sales. Many travel across the country to save a couple $$ buying then find out they can't get it serviced.

purebred
10-15-2020, 01:02 PM
Another unfavorable crestview person. Alls they wanted from us was 69,990 cash . After that everything went downhill fast. Won't ever go back again.

KeystoneKal
10-22-2020, 07:55 AM
Just a comment about RV pricing. Wife and I went to an RV show in Cleveland back in 2015 and bought our keystone Hideout 30 Rlds for $19,995. The MSRP was $29,995.
No haggle on pricing. There were dozens of dealers at the show and all discounted prices were shown in each trailer.
Additionally, the dealership doesn’t profit as much on the transaction when you pay cash. They get a kickback from the bank or lender on a loan through them.

Cire8002
10-22-2020, 09:47 AM
If I hated the ground you walked on.. I still wouldn't recommend Crestview...

I know nothing in particular about Holiday World except I've beaten their price on three different trailers.. by a substantial amount.

I know nothing about Crestview. We got our RV from Holiday World Dallas. Holiday World Katy had the RV and shipped it to Dallas. I was going to go to Alabama to pick up the same rv at camping world but Holiday World matched the price which was $15k lower just so I would buy from them. Service is a different story. I can't get Jack for repairs done. I just use mobile RV repair or fix it myself.

Mike&Sandy
10-22-2020, 10:33 AM
Well, the wife and I are going up to spend the night in the RV tomorrow at Crestview in Georgetown. I looked at it yesterday, came up with a list of issues. They said that they'd address them, we'll see tomorrow. I ended up getting 34.5% off list price. This is our first RV, it's surprising to see how cheap some of the things are, but even the higher end ones looked the same. I guess when going light, you're going to get plastic, lol.

Equineknitter
10-22-2020, 11:36 AM
We couldn't be happier with Crestview in Georgetown. I guess it just goes to show that we all have good and bad experiences. I'd buy from them again and I've sent a lot of friends to them (who were also satisfied). Let us know your experience when you go pick up your TT.

weavermc
10-25-2020, 08:18 AM
Everyone has experiences and opinions. Mine was CV in Georgetown with a new 5th wheel just over 2 years ago. Found lots of small issues (no surprise for any RV) but I felt like I received great after-the-sale service. After every trip we took, we dropped it off at the store and gave the list of issues we found to our service manager. They would keep it a few weeks to diagnose, work the warranty paperwork/requests, get the parts and fix. And we'd do it again. After our 1-year model warranty was over, they have done similar support using our Extended Warranty (Protective).

In the end, wherever you buy - focus on the support / maintenance because that is where you will spend most of post-purchase energy.

JMB
10-26-2020, 04:05 AM
I don,t know about either of the dealers in question but Crestview in Buda Tx fixed the seal and slide on our Jayco under warranty, when we had bought it from another dealer and that dealer (RVMAX now CW) had it in there shop three different times for months and said it couldn't be fixed once and then tried to tell me there wasn't anything wrong. (the seal didn't even touch the top of the slide). Crestview fixed it in three days.

Mike&Sandy
10-26-2020, 12:11 PM
Well, I bought a 29bhs from Crestview in Georgetown last weekend. The experience was considerably better than I expected after reading reviews.

Jim Tillman the salesman, did his job very well. He showed the unit, was accomodating, and didn't pressure me in any way. He handed me off to the "finance" guy who barely said 2 words to me, he just wanted to know when I could bring a check.

The "paperwork" lady was very nice and gave us several helpful tips.

The "PDI" guy was very young and missed several obvious things, like we couldn't get the outdoor grill started, the next day (I stayed in the parking lot overnight to check it out more before leaving the property), another guy told me there was a cutoff near the quick disconnect. We laughed, it would have been nice to know that after trying to light it 100 times, lol.

They gave me a $100 gift card for being a Veteran (thanks guys that was really nice), I used it on a slide-out cover. The parts manager made a couple of mistakes and made up for it by shipping it to me for free, $170 savings.

Over all, I'm very satisfied with those guys and would recommend them to anyone.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for input, much appreciated.

Mike