Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2020, 07:20 AM   #1
Mike&Sandy

Crestview or Holiday World?

Quick question, I'm looking at a Cougar 29BHS. Crestview in Georgetown, or Holiday World in Katy, Tx? Any comments of how they treat the customer? I'm only asking because of the horrible reviews related to customer service. Thanks for any advice, I really like this forum.
Mike&Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:23 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Sandy View Post
Quick question, I'm looking at a Cougar 29BHS. Crestview in Georgetown, or Holiday World in Katy, Tx? Any comments of how they treat the customer? I'm only asking because of the horrible reviews related to customer service. Thanks for any advice, I really like this forum.
If I hated the ground you walked on.. I still wouldn't recommend Crestview...

I know nothing in particular about Holiday World except I've beaten their price on three different trailers.. by a substantial amount.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:35 AM   #3
Mike&Sandy

Hahaha, thanks for the laugh, and comment.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:40 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Sandy View Post
Hahaha, thanks for the laugh, and comment.
Well, it's the truth.. bought a trailer from them and the black tank leaked a lot... they never put any water in it.. after 3 months in their shop they told me that it wasn't under warranty and tried to charge me nearly $4K for the work and a new tank..

I worked in the industry back in the early 80's as a second gig.. I knew they didn't pull the tank through the little 6" square hole they cut in the coroplast...
Old 10-14-2020, 08:21 AM   #5
wiredgeorge

Search customer reviews for both locations. Both have HORRIBLE reviews. Search indeed and glassdoor and look at what employees (mostly former) and those reviews are horrible. One consistent comment in consumer reviews was the failure to make good on any extended warranty. There is a used (2019) Cougar 29BHS in a dealership up near Midland that is about $20K less than a new one.

https://www.toliverrv.com/--xInventoryDetail?id=9396431
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #6
travelin texans

Wouldn't enter Holiday World ever again!
We went in to look & the salesman was an absolute a##, said we didn't know what we were looking for, very argumentative & rude.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:34 AM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Wouldn't enter Holiday World ever again!
We went in to look & the salesman was an absolute a##, said we didn't know what we were looking for, very argumentative & rude.

No comment bwhahahaha I was doing medical treatments in Houston for four months about 3 years ago and living in the South Main RV Park. When I drove home on weekends, I went by that HW location in Katy and stopped in once and the sales guy was extremely helpful and patient. I was looking at 30' plus bumper pulls Crossroads (Zinger Longhorn Edition) and Forest River if memory serves and he was very quick to find out my druthers and point me to units with features I wanted. Sorry for being a wise guy but hard to figure how someone who depends on their sales ability to make a living can get by with being a jerk and/or not knowing their products.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:12 AM   #8
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
No comment bwhahahaha I was doing medical treatments in Houston for four months about 3 years ago and living in the South Main RV Park. When I drove home on weekends, I went by that HW location in Katy and stopped in once and the sales guy was extremely helpful and patient. I was looking at 30' plus bumper pulls Crossroads (Zinger Longhorn Edition) and Forest River if memory serves and he was very quick to find out my druthers and point me to units with features I wanted. Sorry for being a wise guy but hard to figure how someone who depends on their sales ability to make a living can get by with being a jerk and/or not knowing their products.
As most of us have had, I know maybe he was having a bad day, which I could've cared less about, but as a salesperson he should've pulled up his big girl panties and left the attitude at his desk. He lost a possible sale from me & got HW a lot of free advertising from me since that day.
Replacement undetermined
Old 10-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #9
Mike&Sandy

Thank you everyone for your suggestions/comments. I just put a down payment on one with Jim Tillman at Crestview in Georgetown, his offer was 18k under retail. Sounded way better than anyone else.

He said it's sitting at Keystone but will now be expedited. Which doesn't really matter, we were not looking at using it for a couple of months anyway.

I'll report back with updates.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #10
dutchmensport

Oh, Oh, OH .... I vote for Holiday World ... Click here! ... Um. Well ... that my vote anyway!
Old 10-14-2020, 01:14 PM   #11
bsmith0404

I work for Holiday World, but not at the Katy location. I don’t think there’s an RV dealership anywhere that doesn’t have negative reviews. One thing I do know is that the management at HW reads the reviews, responds to them, and has even called people directly or given email addresses and phone numbers out for people to contact them to help get issues resolved. I don’t know if Crestview does that.

As for sales people, anyone can have a bad day. Personally, I would never let a customer see that from me. I have had days where I had to leave my attitude at the desk and I’ve had days where I avoided talking to new customers or told other salesmen to take a customer even though it was my turn. What good would it do to talk to a customer and be a jerk,? Not gonna get a sale that way so just don’t talk to them at all if you can’t leave it at the desk/door

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:57 PM   #12
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
I work for Holiday World, but not at the Katy location. I don’t think there’s an RV dealership anywhere that doesn’t have negative reviews. One thing I do know is that the management at HW reads the reviews, responds to them, and has even called people directly or given email addresses and phone numbers out for people to contact them to help get issues resolved. I don’t know if Crestview does that.

As for sales people, anyone can have a bad day. Personally, I would never let a customer see that from me. I have had days where I had to leave my attitude at the desk and I’ve had days where I avoided talking to new customers or told other salesmen to take a customer even though it was my turn. What good would it do to talk to a customer and be a jerk,? Not gonna get a sale that way so just don’t talk to them at all if you can’t leave it at the desk/door
Like I said, I have no beef with HW. They're free to set their pricing just as I'm free to pass on their offer.
Crestview is another matter, I wouldn't call the fire department if I saw them burning to the ground.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:07 PM   #13
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Well, it's the truth.. bought a trailer from them and the black tank leaked a lot... they never put any water in it.. after 3 months in their shop they told me that it wasn't under warranty and tried to charge me nearly $4K for the work and a new tank..

I worked in the industry back in the early 80's as a second gig.. I knew they didn't pull the tank through the little 6" square hole they cut in the coroplast...
It’s funny you mention the tank. Holiday world said they put a new tank in my camper under warranty and Keystone denied the repair. I wondered the same thing how they put a tank through a little square. I wouldn’t recommend holiday world to my worst enemy.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:45 PM   #14
Old Mustanger

No experience with HW in Katy but have dealt with the 2 near me. First experience was with the one in Mesquite, took my 2013 Outback to them with a faded front cap and they got Keystone to pay for the repaint even though I had purchased the trailer from a CW in NC. That impressed me enough to purchase our 2015 Cougar from them and received good service from them on that unit. Then the one in Alvarado opened and since they were easier to get to (no city driving) I got our Alpine from them, bad move... took it in for roof sealing and wheel bearing service, when I went back to get it they informed me that the wheel bearings didn't need new grease, I informed them that I had put over 6,000 miles on the trailer and I wanted the da... bearings greased no matter what they thought and warned them they better not use the EZ lubes. They pulled it back in and about 1/2 hour later said it was ready, I knew by the time spent that they used the EZ lubes. They will never see my shadow darken their door again, did my own bearing service the next time and had to replace 2 brake assy's due to grease on the linings.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:48 AM   #15
gearhead

We bought two 5th wheels from HW Katy. Didn't have the first one long enough to really need any service. The second one was the Montana HC. Used the same salesman for both. He was fine. He mostly just gave us the price and we signed. But their service department was the worst I ever experienced in my life. Total confusion, lack of follow up, no return calls, parts never ordered, you name it, they didn't do it. Never ever again. Never.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:56 AM   #16
travelin texans

It's been said here many times that when purchasing a RV shop their service department 1st then the sales. Many travel across the country to save a couple $$ buying then find out they can't get it serviced.
Replacement undetermined
Old 10-15-2020, 01:02 PM   #17
purebred

Another unfavorable crestview person. Alls they wanted from us was 69,990 cash . After that everything went downhill fast. Won't ever go back again.
purebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #18
KeystoneKal

Just a comment about RV pricing. Wife and I went to an RV show in Cleveland back in 2015 and bought our keystone Hideout 30 Rlds for $19,995. The MSRP was $29,995.
No haggle on pricing. There were dozens of dealers at the show and all discounted prices were shown in each trailer.
Additionally, the dealership doesn’t profit as much on the transaction when you pay cash. They get a kickback from the bank or lender on a loan through them.
KeystoneKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:47 AM   #19
Cire8002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
If I hated the ground you walked on.. I still wouldn't recommend Crestview...

I know nothing in particular about Holiday World except I've beaten their price on three different trailers.. by a substantial amount.
I know nothing about Crestview. We got our RV from Holiday World Dallas. Holiday World Katy had the RV and shipped it to Dallas. I was going to go to Alabama to pick up the same rv at camping world but Holiday World matched the price which was $15k lower just so I would buy from them. Service is a different story. I can't get Jack for repairs done. I just use mobile RV repair or fix it myself.
Cire8002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:33 AM   #20
Mike&Sandy

Well, the wife and I are going up to spend the night in the RV tomorrow at Crestview in Georgetown. I looked at it yesterday, came up with a list of issues. They said that they'd address them, we'll see tomorrow. I ended up getting 34.5% off list price. This is our first RV, it's surprising to see how cheap some of the things are, but even the higher end ones looked the same. I guess when going light, you're going to get plastic, lol.