Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2015, 09:06 PM   #1
Kojak
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Downey, ca
Posts: 54
Need Cover For Raptor 300MP

I'm in the market for a cover but on not sure if any of the ones I see online will fit my coach since it is pretty tall. None of the dimensions specified give the length of the height and I'm trying to purchase this online since Camping World is having a good sale. Does anybody out there who owns a Raptor have any experience in buying a cover? Did yid you have any issues with the height?
__________________

Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:06 AM   #2
mazboy123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 174
cover

for whatever it is worth I was taught that a cover is a waste of money. trailers are intended to be outside and the cover can damage the trailer when it is rubbing.
__________________

mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:21 AM   #3
SteveC7010
Senior Member
 
SteveC7010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northville NY in the Adirondacks
Posts: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
I'm in the market for a cover but on not sure if any of the ones I see online will fit my coach since it is pretty tall. None of the dimensions specified give the length of the height and I'm trying to purchase this online since Camping World is having a good sale. Does anybody out there who owns a Raptor have any experience in buying a cover? Did yid you have any issues with the height?
Lots of previous posts and threads about covering RV's. Bad juju all around.
__________________

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:28 AM   #4
Kojak
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Downey, ca
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy123 View Post
for whatever it is worth I was taught that a cover is a waste of money. trailers are intended to be outside and the cover can damage the trailer when it is rubbing.
Your not the first person to tell me that.
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:45 AM   #5
1jeep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: ma
Posts: 147
I hear that...yet I got a letter from camping world about how important it is to cover my rv ....im sure it is a sales pitch but I do wonder if covering will help keep it from fading?
__________________
2016 F350 Dually Crew diesel
2015 carbon 327
1jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:26 AM   #6
SteveC7010
Senior Member
 
SteveC7010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northville NY in the Adirondacks
Posts: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeep View Post
I hear that...yet I got a letter from camping world about how important it is to cover my rv ....im sure it is a sales pitch but I do wonder if covering will help keep it from fading?
As discussed many times in the past, yes, it will prevent fading, but at the expense of the rubbing in the wind problem and trapping moisture underneath the cover which leads to mold and mildew. That's not a trade I am not willing to consider.

The best solution is to park it under a roof with a sun side wall of some kind. We had that for the first three years that we've had the Cougar. Now I park it on the side of the house that never gets any sun. And when winterizing I leave all three roof vents wide open under the MaxxAirs to prevent any moisture buildup inside.
__________________

__________________

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×