PDA

View Full Version : help with Maine 2013 vac

dave-g
12-20-2012, 03:07 AM
Planning a 2 week trip to Maine this summer, so I looking for your favorite camp sites.

The plan- for June 2013
1. South shore area- 3-4 days- would love to be ocean front. (libby's was one choice)
2. Northern Maine- will go white water rafting- hiking- atv tour- and the great search for moose. ( 3-5 days)
3. Bar Harbor- 3-5 days- Have been here before- will most likely stay at the koa.

I like rv style parks- I do not mind paying $75-100 per night for a quality place. ( lake George rv park is one of my favorite ) I like bigger sites with a view-
Also if you have done a white water rafting let me know who you used.

Jim W
12-20-2012, 08:20 AM
I use RV Park Reviews to determine most of my camping sites when traveling out of state.
Here is their home page on the web.
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/
Hope this helps?
Jim W.

chris199
01-21-2013, 09:56 AM
We are heade to Maine at the end of Aug thru Labor Day. Reservations made at the Oceaside KOA. Planning on spending a lot of time at Acadia National Park.

Wanted to head inland to perhaps see some moose or other wildlife. Saw a state park..Lily Bay State Park that is near Greenville. Saw Greenville is a good spot to see moose. Still doing research.

Am excited about the trip. There is so much to see and do there. I wish we had more time!

Scottinvt
01-21-2013, 11:04 AM
We stay for a week in July every year at Wells Beach Resort in Wells. Awesome place !!

jcgib81
01-21-2013, 04:59 PM
We went to Lake Sebago Resort last year for the first time. Awesome trip. Great lake beach and lots for kids an adults to do. I have a 3 yr old and 6 yr old. Awesome time. Heading back this year.
Jim G

chris199
01-21-2013, 07:47 PM
I thought I saw no pets on web at Sebago.......was excited about that place but.......no room for our Yorkie pup....Reagan.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

dave-g
01-24-2013, 03:01 AM
bar harbor is great- I enjoyed the koa- but thought when paying $95+ for a ocean front site they should include the honey truck. It would encourage people to pump rather than dump gray water on the ground.

Also- go to Jordan pond and have pop overs-

GaryWT
02-14-2013, 05:54 PM
We like Hadley Point when we go to Bar Harbor, There is a newer Yogi somewhat near The Forks ME and we tend to go to OOB but have stayed at Wells Beach before, nice place. Libby's seems hard to get into both for resrvations and driving. Have Fun, we will be in OOB the 2nd week of July.