PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get a campsite

Randy_K
12-14-2012, 12:22 PM
We are in Ontario Canada & just booked a campsite for the Long weekend in May. In our area we need to book a spot in a Provincial park 5 months in advance. This is especially true of long weekends. Is this type of booking common in other areas ? Is camping getting that popular ?

Randy

dbrinklow
12-14-2012, 12:54 PM
It has been that way in most of the popular provincial parks in Ontario for many years.

They do hold some sites for transient travellers.

Glad you got your spot.

Dean

inspecterbake
12-14-2012, 12:58 PM
We go to Myrtle Beach and you need to book a year in advance to get a good spot then no garuntee you will it will be what you want. :eek:

SteveC7010
12-14-2012, 03:18 PM
We camp at least 4 weeks a year in a super popular state park in the Adirondacks. To be sure we get the site we want in June, July, or August, we have to book 9 months in advance to the day. Reserveamerica.com reservations open up every day at 9:00 AM. If you aren't online and pushing the button at 8:59, the chances are not good of getting that favorite site.

The other months of the camping season aren't quite so bad.

zuley
12-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Which park did you book Randy? You must be heading out for longer than the weekend. We can't book until I believe Monday. We've always done Inverhuron for the 2-4 weekend since we stared camping.

Randy_K
12-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Which park did you book Randy? You must be heading out for longer than the weekend. We can't book until I believe Monday. We've always done Inverhuron for the 2-4 weekend since we stared camping.

We are going to Port Burwell for a week. I guess as long as your start date is within the 5 months you can book.

I have been told you can book a few weeks or days early then cancel the days you don't want , cheating the system. I'm kinda new to the game. With the tent i think it was easier to get a spot.

scrnt
12-15-2012, 04:45 AM
Around the beaches here in sc you have to book a year in advance. The rest of the state usually no more than a month or 2. We just tried to get our spot in James Island we had to go 1 year and 2 weeks out because our site was booked.