PDA

View Full Version : New Sprinter

Grizzly
02-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Scheduled to P/U 2012 Sprinter 272BHS this week weather permitting. We have decided to try RV camping Vs backpacking this will be nice during inclimate weather. This will also be a big change.

JoeofNSB
02-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Welcome to a different world! I would have said civilized but I'm not certain there is any of that our there anymore!! It will be a big change but I'm sure you will enjoy it. Welcome and happy trails.

f6bits
02-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the world of comfort! My wife has tolerated tent camping, as long as there’s a decent bathroom nearby. Now we have kids and have moved up a division.

Festus2
02-12-2012, 11:56 AM
RVing is certainly a different recreation than backpacking but you can still get the benefits of both by taking your packs along with you and going for day hikes. If you choose your camping spots carefully and do some research before you head out, you can usually find some great walks or hikes nearby. Many of the State or National Parks would be a good bet for hiking.
When the weather is nice, you can always pitch your tent alongside your Sprinter and sleep outside! Welcome to the forum.

Herap
02-12-2012, 05:54 PM
X2 what Festus2 said. Having a camper allows you to still have your hikes, only now they can be much further from home as you now have a home on wheels that'll take you to places farther away from your stick home than ever before. Have a great time camping :thumbsup:.

Ray