PDA

View Full Version : Switches....what do they control?

DianaD
10-16-2021, 06:10 PM
We just purchased a new to us 2011 Springdale 267BHSSR and we have been working on fixing things up and making is ours. One of the things I have noticed, as you walk into the rig, on the left, are the various switches. One for the slide, one for the awning, and then a bank of 3 switches...the one closest to the entry door turns on the lights in the kitchen ceiling, but I have no idea what the other two control. I believe one of them would control the outside light, but that isn't working at the moment....another project! But which switch and what on earth does the other switch control. I know it's not the water heater or the water pump. There are no other outside lights that I know about, and all other interior lights are working just fine with their individual onboard switches...which if they were linked to the switches wouldn't work unless the switch was ON, which they are not. I am totally confused by this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just an FYI, and I am not new to RVing, just to this rig. We have been RV for over 20 years. And yes....I am the one who takes care of and maintains the rig.

Thank you,
Diana

chuckster57
10-16-2021, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

I would fix the porch light, and if you have an LED strip on the awning, or a light under the entry steps you might find what your looking for.

hankpage
10-16-2021, 08:18 PM
On a 2011 you,may have one or two "SCARE LIGHTS" up high on the sides or rear. As mentioned the middle switch most likely is the "PORCH LIGHT" outside the door.
Welcome and travel safely, Hank

flybouy
10-17-2021, 07:02 AM
Aldo look behind the steps, that time period they would mount an amber clearence light there to illuminate the steps. The "scare lights" are typically round and mounted at the top of the wall towards the front.

I would suggest turning on all the switches then take a volt meter or 12v dc test light and check each light fixture that’s not working. If you have power yo the socket replace the bulb, led replacements are very affordable. Check the light fixtures as well for a switch on the light fixture as well. On our trailer there is a wall switch that controls the ceiling lights from the entrance door to the bathroom door but each one of those gixtures has it's own swich on the light fixture itself. So if all those lights are turned off at the light the wall switch will appear to be defective.

Once you get all the light fixtures working turn one swich off at a time and note which wall swich controlled it. If, with all swiches and light switches on there is no power to the bulb socket remove the fixture and check the wire connection. If there still is no power remove the wall switch and check for input voltage and operation. It's a process of elimination and there are no short cuts.