PDA

View Full Version : 2 kids, 2 dogs--New Passport 2650Bunkhouse!

dewcamp
01-15-2012, 12:55 PM
My hubby, "mooseman", and I are the proud new owners of a Passport 2650BH. The bunks, deep slide, storage, full size queen bed and weight (under 5000) really sold us. All the room will surely help our sanity! Neither of us grew up camping, so we are new to the RV world and are excited to make memories with our kiddos (3 and 11months). Looking forward to utilizing the forum.

cumminsdad08
01-15-2012, 01:06 PM
good luck!!! i know where you are coming from here. i got 2 kids and 3 dogs. we usually only take the one dog tho, our collie. our beagles don't do well camping. they arn't really sit and be quite dogs. kids are 2 and 4. this past season was our first in a trailer, and with the kids. it was a blast. your trailer is very similar to what we got, just a bit nicer. good choice, wish i would have seen a model like yours first.

f6bits
01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Sounds like my setup, but we only have one dog and our youngest is only 3 months. Baby sleeps in a portable “tub” on the couch so he’s right near mama’s side of the bed. Once he gets to rolling, toddler will get promoted to the top bunk. I built “snap on” rails for the bunk because the girl would hang off the bed and eventually plop down onto the floor during the night. Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture, but I’ll try to describe it:
• It’s two horizontal rails made from oak 1x4s; the bottom one rests on the lip of the bunk, then a 3.5” gap, then another horizontal rail.
• On the outside are the vertical stakes that extend 3” below the lip of the bunk and support the horizontal rails.
• On the inside are two short backing stakes that form the back of the clamp on the inside of the bunk lip. These are screwed onto the horizontal boards, so it’s a one-inch gap that clamps over the 1” bunk lip.

Yeah, I wish I had a picture.