PDA

View Full Version : Powered fan in 290BHS

JOglesby
08-09-2021, 07:29 AM
We have a 2021 Bullet 290BHS. THe bathroom a has a powered vent fan. However in the kitchen it is only a vent. Also the range hood does not vent to the outside. Has anyone added a powered vent fan to the vent in the kitchen? Is power easily accessible to install in the fan?

chuckster57
08-09-2021, 08:20 AM
If you take off the inside ring, you might be able to see if there are any 12V wires nearby. 12V will be stranded wire in pairs, one will be white (ground) and the other will be white with a colored tracer (positive).

JOglesby
08-20-2021, 07:46 AM
If there are no wires at the vent area itself I understand I would need to pull from / to another source. Has anyone done this? And how difficult is it? I'm not sure how the roof is constructed and or insulated. Will I be fighting insulation when snaking wires to another location?

chuckster57
08-20-2021, 07:56 AM
If there are no wires at the vent area itself I understand I would need to pull from / to another source. Has anyone done this? And how difficult is it? I'm not sure how the roof is constructed and or insulated. Will I be fighting insulation when snaking wires to another location?

Odds are there isn’t any 12V wires “dead headed” at the vent for a fan. That’s why I said take the inner ring off and have a look, it’s common for some wiring to be ran in the ceiling.

NH_Bulldog
08-20-2021, 04:50 PM
I added a Vortex II fan in my kitchen. I pulled the vent trim down and up in the ceiling cavity found a bunch of wires. Located a 12v pair and tapped in for the fan power.

As a worse case you might be able to tap into the range hood for power and fish it over to the vent, but I bet you will find plenty of wires in the ceiling to choose from so that won’t be necessary.

JOglesby
10-19-2021, 08:33 AM
Pulled the trim piece down and found a bundle of wires right there. Checked against the color code that keystone publishes and it appears to be a constant 12v line there. Will be upgrading and installing a fan soon.