PDA

View Full Version : Passport skylight

jvbutter01
07-22-2021, 09:17 AM
Hello, all,
looking to add a skylight to our kitchen area. its pretty dark in that corner. only a small window on the wall. Anyone know how to get a drawing of the roof construction so i can cut the hole w/o cutting any supports? I have sent email to [email protected] but no reply yet.
TT is 2020 Passport 29RLWE.

thanks for you help

JRTJH
07-22-2021, 09:24 AM
If you do get a reply from Keystone, it'll probably read something like this:

I am sorry, but Keystone does not release any blueprints, drawings or schematics to the general public. Those documents are considered confidential corporate information.

If you're having problems determining how to use or modify your Keystone RV, please contact your dealer who is best equipped to advise you in such matters.

Sincerely,

Keystone Customer Service

flybouy
07-22-2021, 09:25 AM
Keystone won't provide that. There's more than just "cutting a hole in the ceiling" to it. It would have to be properly braced and no intererence from anyything in the attic or on the roof. My first strp if seriously considering would be to get a borescope and remove a light fixture snd go thru the wire jole and have a look around.

sourdough
07-22-2021, 09:43 AM
Looking at a walk thru of that trailer looks like in addition to the window you have 2 under counter lights?? It appeared pretty light on the countertop; is it the general lack of lighting from the ceiling (I assume)? Would it be easier to add a ceiling fixture with a brighter LED lamp vs trying to cut in a skylight which brings an entirely new, and different, set of problems even after the installation.

chuckster57
07-22-2021, 10:49 AM
Keystone won't provide that. There's more than just "cutting a hole in the ceiling" to it. It would have to be properly braced and no intererence from anyything in the attic or on the roof. My first strp if seriously considering would be to get a borescope and remove a light fixture snd go thru the wire jole and have a look around.

I agree, personally I would add lighting before I cut a hole, but using an inspection camera to view the rafter space might be enough to convince you NOT to do it.