PDA

View Full Version : Switch below control panel.

Caseinpoint
12-12-2020, 09:43 AM
Just moved into 2021 Passport 2500RK. What is the switch below the control panel for?

Caseinpoint
12-12-2020, 11:41 AM
This switch... what does it control? I cannot find it in online owners manual.. don't have one here... living in trailer as part of a disaster recovery situation. Please help me make sure everything is set up right...

Javi
12-12-2020, 01:06 PM
Have you tried turning it off and and seeing what goes off.

chuckster57
12-12-2020, 01:13 PM
It may be for Wi-Fi or wineguard “connect” if prewired.

Caseinpoint
12-12-2020, 03:01 PM
Thanks for responses! I tried turning it off but couldn't tell what it turned off! It is just a mystery right now... but I'm sure somebody put it there for a good reason.

I don't think this is the kind of RV that would have it's own wifi.. it is a Passport 2500RK which is a less expensive model, I think.

NH_Bulldog
12-12-2020, 04:05 PM
On mine, that switch controls the down-facing LED light near the floor by the door and another at the base of the pantry under the converter. Different model but that is what my switch is for. They were an annoying blue, so I swapped them out for warm white LED lights. You will also have accent lights under the desk and maybe the dinette

wiredgeorge
12-12-2020, 04:27 PM
On mine, that switch controls the down-facing LED light near the floor by the door and another at the base of the pantry under the converter. Different model but that is what my switch is for. They were an annoying blue, so I swapped them out for warm white LED lights. You will also have accent lights under the desk and maybe the dinette

One day a Keystone design engineer was in K-Mart and over the loudspeaker came "today's blue light special is on aisle 12". He rushed over and fell in love with the blue light and thought it would look great integrated into the decor of the Keystone campers coming off the line. Not sure if it looks tacky in a K-Mart how it could look otherwise in a camper but to each his own! And there is the story of the blue lights! :nonono:

Caseinpoint
12-12-2020, 05:42 PM
You're right!... I have one little tiny blue light next to the bathroom door in here. Turned off all the other lights and saw this switch is for that solitary light. Thanks for clearing up the mystery. Maybe it is intended to keep me from tripping when I wake up at night?

NH_Bulldog
12-12-2020, 06:02 PM
We wanted to use the light as a nightlight for our daughter, but as it turns out light in the blue spectrum blocks melatonin which is key for sleeping and can actually keep you awake. So we swapped them out for the warm white and everyone is happy

JDDilly
12-12-2020, 06:12 PM
Have you check outside, it may control an outside light.

chuckster57
12-12-2020, 06:20 PM
We wanted to use the light as a nightlight for our daughter, but as it turns out light in the blue spectrum blocks melatonin which is key for sleeping and can actually keep you awake. So we swapped them out for the warm white and everyone is happy

That is very interesting. Thanks for the informative post.

jamtracy
12-20-2020, 08:29 AM
You're right!... I have one little tiny blue light next to the bathroom door in here. Turned off all the other lights and saw this switch is for that solitary light. Thanks for clearing up the mystery. Maybe it is intended to keep me from tripping when I wake up at night?

To bad in our 5th wheel they didn’t separate the switch out for the hall like they did that useless blue light.

LHaven
12-20-2020, 09:11 AM
My all time favorite Steven Wright joke: "In my house, there's this light switch that doesn't do anything. Every so often I would flick it on and off just to check. Yesterday, I got a call from a woman in Germany. She said, 'Cut it out.'"