PDA

View Full Version : WF 8955 Power supply failed

Gary Rivers
10-16-2020, 04:18 AM
I had to order a new power supply and replace the WFCO 8955when after a few months of dealing with the cooling fan not working due to poor connection. I kept lights on by swapping batteries after charging them with an external battery charger each day.
I chose a Powermax PM4 75amp cassette for about $160 (Amazon). I received the package was just the power supply in a box no packing material or instructions.
The wiring was easy to figure out 120 v hot, neutral and a ground. I had to drill a hole between the plastic under DC fuse holder due to shorter wires on DC side. Positive wire was blue.
Tighten all the connections and now have 13.75 V and up to 75 amps as needed. Lights, battery charges properly and the heater fan kicks in without even causing lights to flicker. The New power converter seems slightly louder than the old one but I know its working.

chuckster57
10-16-2020, 05:17 AM
Sounds like you found a nice replacement. I hope it lasts a long time, cooling fan failure on the wfco converters hasent been a issue that I have run across.

Gary Rivers
10-16-2020, 05:30 AM
The fan works fine. I found the weak link was the connection to the board. It had a fault and would not work all the time. I should of had it looked at when it was in for the roof repair.

chuckster57
10-16-2020, 05:35 AM
If you can repair the connection then you’ll have a good spare.