PDA

View Full Version : Outback 210URS Slide Override

mrt10x
02-21-2020, 09:06 PM
I can not find anything in the owners manual, or online for this. Can anyone point me to where the override is for the rear slide is on a 210URS?

chuckster57
02-22-2020, 03:16 AM
Welcome to the forum!! I’m not familiar with your particular trailer, can you tell me what type of slide it is, Is it cable?

mrt10x
02-22-2020, 08:34 AM
Here is a link to the layout.. yes it is cable slide. It is out the back. When I bought it 3 years ago they told me the motor was behind some of the molding inside the camper.. but at the time I wasnt smart enough to get a better explanation.. I just figured it would be in the owners manual.. or I could find an answer on the internet.. .Google fixes everything :)

https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-trailers/outback-ultra-lite/floorplans/210urs-travel-trailer/

chuckster57
02-22-2020, 11:25 AM
If it’s cable driven then the motor is above the slide, inside centered. You should have received a flexible shaft with a squarehead driver on the end. The driver end goes into the gearbox at the motor and the hex drive goes into a drill chuck. Operating drill will operate gear box and extend/retract slide. On some models you have to remove the upper slide Facia to access the motor/gearbox.

mrt10x
02-22-2020, 12:26 PM
If it’s cable driven then the motor is above the slide, inside centered. You should have received a flexible shaft with a squarehead driver on the end. The driver end goes into the gearbox at the motor and the hex drive goes into a drill chuck. Operating drill will operate gear box and extend/retract slide. On some models you have to remove the upper slide Facia to access the motor/gearbox.

I didn't receive the flexible shaft...I think it actually has a jack type turn handle... that is where I thought it was... I guess as the camper gets older I am expecting to need it at some point :)

chuckster57
02-22-2020, 12:31 PM
Sometimes the flexible shaft tool is taped to the motor/gearbox. If your slide is cable driven, that flexible shaft with the square drive bit or it’s equivalent is the only way to override that I’m aware of.

mrt10x
02-22-2020, 02:24 PM
Sometimes the flexible shaft tool is taped to the motor/gearbox. If your slide is cable driven, that flexible shaft with the square drive bit or it’s equivalent is the only way to override that I’m aware of.

I was sure that it was a hard tool.. but I think I was confusing my old Trailmanor and my new Outback. I did find the tool,, had to walk through two feet of snow to go check :) In the Spring when I power it back up I will take off the trim below the bed where I think the motor is.

flybouy
02-22-2020, 02:31 PM
mrt10x, DW has sister that lives up the road in Divive (actually about 7 miles further up the mountain). Pretty country. He retired from Teller County as a Deputy after retiring from the Army.

Stumpy75
02-22-2020, 06:33 PM
My motor is located UNDER the slide, above the top step to the rear slide.... You have to slither on your stomach to get to it if the rear slide is in. I tried getting to it once, and really hope I never really need to do something with it for real. Great engineering... The flexible tool is taped to my motor.

chuckster57
02-22-2020, 07:02 PM
I’ve seen it UNDER the slide in very few cases, guess this is one of them.