PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Loud Water Pump

Kellysingleton
07-08-2018, 06:11 AM
I have a 2017 Hideout. It has been on approximately 9 total weekend+ trips. I bought it beand new. The guy giving me the tutorial said the waterpump would make a noise when first starting up. Last year, the noise (after start up) would go all the time but it wasnt annoying. Since de-winterization, the water pump literally groans long and loud, my neighbors on the next campsite over made a remark about it.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is the loud groan normal? I dont "hear" anyone elses pumps.

PS. This is my first camper.

flybouy
07-08-2018, 06:29 AM
You stste the issue started after dewinterizing. I would suggest checking the water lines at the pump as they may have been disturbed and are now vibrating against a wooden panel or the floor. Also check winterizing valve and make sure pump isn't sucking air with the water

sourdough
07-08-2018, 07:52 AM
I agree with flybouy. If this started after dewinterizing then it is probably something that happened during that process. The movement of most anything pertaining to the pump can make the noise worse, and sometimes better. If you relocated one of the lines, even just a bit, and it no touches the outside wall or wall of the enclosure it can make the pump sound terrible...and they're bad enough when working properly.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say the pump "would go all the time after startup". Does/did it run constantly? If so, you have an air leak, water leak or pump issue. It should run a while on first startup when it primes. Afterward it should only run when you open a faucet. When you say it "groans"; are you talking about the way it sounds when it runs?