PDA

View Full Version : Another black water question

Trukinbear
09-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Hi, I see a bunch of posts about my problem - none which really answer mine though, so I'll ask...

I just picked up a 2006 Copper Canyon M-3001 and I've got a problem.
I can't find the black tank valve for the life of me.

At the 3" sewer hose connection there are 2" lines coming in from either side, each with a gate valve - these appear to both be gray water. Where is the black valve? Is it the handle-less cable looking dealie that comes through the frame right next to a hose hookup I'm assuming is a tank wash out? If so does it turn, or pull?

notanlines
09-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Pictures first and then we can get you serious answers, and welcome to the forum by the way!

Terry W.
09-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Sounds like that dealie is the black tank valve with a.broken/missing handle. If so it willbe pull/push like gray water valvea

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Trukinbear
09-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Thanks, it was indeed a push/pull without the handle.

SteveC7010
09-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Thanks, it was indeed a push/pull without the handle.
If the blade rod (shaft) is still present and there is a threaded end on it, all you need to replace is the "T" part of the handle. Any RV parts counter will have them.

If the end of the blade rod appears broken off, you have a more complex situation. I looked briefly on Valterra's website and at Lasalle Bristol's, and did not see replacement shafts. From the looks of it, the blade rod is integral to the valve on the Valterras and would have to be replaced. The same would probably be true if the gate valve is remoted with a flex cable.

This current thread discusses replacing the gate valve portion of the assembly. www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30240 Depending on your DIY skills, it may be a job for the RV shop.