RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Klamath
Posts: 2
Thumbs down Another black water question

Hi, I see a bunch of posts about my problem - none which really answer mine though, so I'll ask...

I just picked up a 2006 Copper Canyon M-3001 and I've got a problem.
I can't find the black tank valve for the life of me.

At the 3" sewer hose connection there are 2" lines coming in from either side, each with a gate valve - these appear to both be gray water. Where is the black valve? Is it the handle-less cable looking dealie that comes through the frame right next to a hose hookup I'm assuming is a tank wash out? If so does it turn, or pull?

Trukinbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #2
Senior Member
notanlines's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 4,377
Pictures first and then we can get you serious answers, and welcome to the forum by the way!

notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
Terry W.
Senior Member
Terry W.'s Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pickens, SC
Posts: 289
Sounds like that dealie is the black tank valve with a.broken/missing handle. If so it willbe pull/push like gray water valvea

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
https://www.keystonerv.org/forums/pic...pictureid=1416 Terry & Kathy
2012 Avalanche 330RE
2006 F250 Super Crew Chipped, K&N
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Klamath
Posts: 2
Thanks, it was indeed a push/pull without the handle.
Trukinbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
SteveC7010's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northville NY in the Adirondacks
Posts: 2,128
Originally Posted by Trukinbear View Post
Thanks, it was indeed a push/pull without the handle.
If the blade rod (shaft) is still present and there is a threaded end on it, all you need to replace is the "T" part of the handle. Any RV parts counter will have them.

If the end of the blade rod appears broken off, you have a more complex situation. I looked briefly on Valterra's website and at Lasalle Bristol's, and did not see replacement shafts. From the looks of it, the blade rod is integral to the valve on the Valterras and would have to be replaced. The same would probably be true if the gate valve is remoted with a flex cable.

This current thread discusses replacing the gate valve portion of the assembly. http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=30240 Depending on your DIY skills, it may be a job for the RV shop.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.