PDA

View Full Version : Need help of wiring route

Double b
07-05-2017, 03:32 AM
We have a 2014 Laredo 303TG and the front cap marker lights are not working. Did a quick test and no power. looking for help on where the wires would be routed so I can track them back. here is the lights I am talking about;

The other ones are all working, so I believe that they are run on a different wire.

Any and all help would be welcome.

bsmith0404
07-05-2017, 03:42 AM
Dumb question, but I'm going to ask it......have you checked the bulbs?

The wiring will most likely be run in the wall behind the front cap. It's possible they go up the sidewall from the lower marker light and then across the front. If you have checked the bulbs and it s definitely a wiring issue, I would suggest dropping the underbelly below the marker light and check the connection where it goes up from the main harness. The three lights are probably all run off of the same pigtail.

Double b
07-05-2017, 07:52 AM
Yep checked the bulbs on all 4 locations. They definitely runs off the same pigtail, looked underneath but no wires showing. was hoping for more of an exact location before cutting into the belly pan.

chuckster57
07-05-2017, 12:17 PM
No need to cut. Remove screws or grind off rivets and replace with self tapping screws.

hankpage
07-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Check for wiring in the front storage compartment. The clearance lights on my 5r are run through the propane compartment which is in the same location as your storage compartment. Perhaps you may have pulled apart a wire-nut when storing some gear. With one of the bulbs out, use a continuity tester to see if one of the wires is ground .... you may have lost that connection or it is loose or corroded. All lights may not share the same ground. Good luck, let us know what you find, Hank