PDA

View Full Version : USB charging port not working in Springdale TT

dingodog
08-22-2016, 11:21 AM
I have a 2016 Springdale 270LE. The USB charging station worked for about 2 weeks, but then stopped working. There are no breakers or fuses out of order and everything else seems to be powered ok.
I unscrewed the USB plate from the wall and the wires seems connected ok, but when I use a circuit tester, there does not seem to be any power coming through the wires. Any one know where these wires originate or what to look for?
Thanks.

14george
08-22-2016, 01:55 PM
I would recheck the fuses in your breaker panel with a Oem meager. And welcome to the fourm.

Thbrtmn
07-23-2018, 07:18 AM
Got the same thing going on in my 2016 Raptor. Worked fin till last week. Haven't checked the12v side yet but the USBs dont charge. Looking at other forums and apparently other models (the oval shaped outlets) of this Charging Center are notorious for failure of the USB ports. Mine isn't the oval but seems like the same thing. Anyone else find a fix for this other than just replacing it?

SteveC7010
07-23-2018, 08:47 AM
Got the same thing going on in my 2016 Raptor. Worked fin till last week. Haven't checked the12v side yet but the USBs dont charge. Looking at other forums and apparently other models (the oval shaped outlets) of this Charging Center are notorious for failure of the USB ports. Mine isn't the oval but seems like the same thing. Anyone else find a fix for this other than just replacing it?

If you have good +12vdc at the USB terminal on the back side but they're not adequately charging your phone, etc. it's probably a cheapie USB unit. The best one out there is the Blue Sea brand, part #1016 (black) or #1016200 (white.) Anything else is a knockoff. They sell for $20 each, available on EBay now with free shipping. It is a very easy swap.

Thbrtmn
07-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Thanks Steve I will look into it. I assume the round part pops out of the plate so they can be moved around. I haven't popped mine out yet to see the mechanics of it.

SteveC7010
07-23-2018, 09:22 AM
Thanks Steve I will look into it. I assume the round part pops out of the plate so they can be moved around. I haven't popped mine out yet to see the mechanics of it.

Probably a nut on the back side. The whole unit should come out first.

Dwood95503
07-23-2018, 10:38 AM
I had same problem. Found replacement in a boating parts store. Easily replaced it. I had tried to charge my portable charger. I think it drew too much juice. Now I only use it to charge my phone.

KSH
07-25-2018, 08:01 PM
I had the same issue. I emailed the company that makes them and they sent me a new one no questions asked.