PDA

View Full Version : Wytheville Virginia KOA

jimmyriley
05-25-2013, 05:25 PM
I made reservations late for Memorial day weekend and now understand why the only KOA, in the entire state Virginia, had open sites. This is my 7th trip in our Trailer am disappointed with this location, as far as site size. Extremely close together. I called to verify they have fire rings on the sites and they do. Issue is, they are portable type and the size of a frying pan. I have seen no level sites on my walk around and in order to unhitch my trailer, I had to buy put 8 inches of wood under both of my front truck tires to get it level enough just to unhitch. Associates are friendly. They have fun activities for the kids. Maybe others have had better luck here.

I will perservere and make this an awesome 4 day trip. After all, Camping is a chance to get away and relax.

chris199
06-02-2013, 07:38 PM
We have stayed there but only as an overnight spot going to/from other places. Just a good spot to stop from Nashville to SE Pa.

Not a bad CG....we didn't find our sites terribly unlevel and the people are nice......but the sites are very narrow.

Not a place to camp for days IMHO.

Chris

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

crash
06-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the info ,We where thinking about go there but now I guess we wont.

byrdr1
06-03-2013, 07:45 AM
if you want a better KOA try the one in Fancy Gap, near the blue ridge parkway, well it borders it. We have stayed there many a night & two summers ago we went up there in mid July for the cooler weather and the pool, we had a great stay. We rode through the Wytheville one once.. thats about all I have to say.
randy