PDA

View Full Version : Salt Creek State Park Wa.

pedalsteelpicker
03-29-2013, 05:31 PM
I am going to use my furlough days starting in June as 4 day getaways (we will have 4 day week ends every other week end till Oct),I have never been to salt creek but have seen pics and liked what I saw.Has anyone been there?

Dhuhn
03-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Where is salt creek ? If you go let me know how you like it. My wife and I are looking for weekend trips to do up here in PNW.

pedalsteelpicker
03-29-2013, 06:05 PM
its right on the straits of juan de fuca near Joyce west of Pt Angeles

Festus2
03-29-2013, 06:11 PM
We have been to the Salt Creek Recreational Area twice. I don't believe that it is a State Park but rather a regional or county-type park. It is very well kept, has several sites with full hookups and others with partial hookups. There is a clean shower and restroom area at the top of the campsite.

It sits high on a bluff overlooking the Strait below but has no direct beach access from the campsite.

You can find out more info about this park by going to:

www.clallam.net/Parks/SaltCreek.html

I'd recommend this park - no question!

Dhuhn
03-29-2013, 06:14 PM
its right on the straits of juan de fuca near Joyce west of Pt Angeles

Ok that's a real nice area, we spent a week around port Angeles and toured the whole area,we stayed in Squim state park. There's a really nice lake west of Port Angeles not sure what the name is but looked like a lot of nice camp areas around the lake .

pedalsteelpicker
03-29-2013, 06:15 PM
yes you are right Festus2, I labeled it as a state park but it is indeed part of the Clallam County Parks.

pedalsteelpicker
03-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Ok that's a real nice area, we spent a week around port Angeles and toured the whole area,we stayed in Squim state park. There's a really nice lake west of Port Angeles not sure what the name is but looked like a lot of nice camp areas around the lake .

I believe the Lake you are talking about might be Cresent Lake

sagebel
04-03-2013, 08:37 PM
We have stayed there quite a few times. Both in our tenting days and now with the trailer. It can get windy up there along the straight in the fall but when the weather is nice the views are great. The park is a county park. The last I knew they didn't take reservations over the phone. It is a dry campground so grab your favorite color solo cup before grabbing a beer to sit around the fire with.

Clanton24v
04-04-2013, 07:47 AM
I have always heard good things about salt creek. And even though I'm only about an hr from it I have yet to stay there. I need to see if my trailer will fit into any spots.

pedalsteelpicker
04-04-2013, 09:47 AM
I have always heard good things about salt creek. And even though I'm only about an hr from it I have yet to stay there. I need to see if my trailer will fit into any spots.

I just reserved (by mail)an 81 ft site with utilities (except sewer connection but they have a dump station)

Clanton24v
04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Good to know thank you

Keoni37
05-21-2013, 11:43 PM
We have stayed there several times and love it. Very well kept park however it is dry so libation in the trailer or stealthy cup. Great place to watch the ships passing in the Straits, merchant, Navy especially if you are lucky a Nuc Sub or Carrier, Cruise ships, etc. Also great tide pools to explore at low tide on Tongue Point right there at Salt Creek. Also old coastal gun emplacements and trails to explore and wildlife. Love that park!