Hi, first welcome to the forum.
These are some basic questions, but they must be asked in order to help further.
1. Have you checked the fuses to see if they are OK?
2. Is the awning powered by an electric motor or is it a manual pull down?
3. If the awning is electric, is it on the same circuit as the lights?
4. Have you tried to measure the resistance in the wiring to see if there is a break in the circuit?
5. If the awning is a manual awning will the release lever move as it is being pulled down to let the awning roll out?
I would look up on the internet for the awning manufacture to see if they have a trouble shooting guide on their web site.
I know with my awning they state to pull a plug apart. This is stored in the (as looking at it) right hand rail up by the awning. They tell you how to lower and raise the awning manually with the motor upplugged. They also then stated to see the dealer for repair.
Hope this helps some what.
Jim & Jill
2010 318SAB Cougar
2008 Dodge 6.7LCummins the original 6.7L engine, w/68RFE Auto