Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
DarodG8R

Red face 2012 Springdale 275FL Grey and Black water Valve question.

Ok,
I have been all over the internet for the past 2 hours looking for the answer to this one. Here's the question I have.

I recently purchased a used 2012 Springdale 275FL from a fella. My first time taking it out this past weekend. Didn't think of testing to see which valve was for which tank BEFORE HAND.

NOW, I have the grey water tank full and I'm sure the black water is pretty close to being full as well.

So, I go to the inspect the situation under the trailer,....This trailer has the upgraded under covering and added insulation feature on it,...that's really nice but you can't trace out the drain pipes to see where each is coming from.! Of course as you all know, both handles are black and there is no indication on which is which in terms of grey water or black water. I can say that the forward pipe actually has a smaller pipe "T'ed" into it near the end and that smaller pipe has a separate handle on it. The pipe to the rear has just the single handle on it. Both main pipes are the same size FYI.

I'm wondering if someone else on here may have the same model and year trailer and could help me out with a quick answer. Or if maybe someone may be able to point me in the right direction to get the answer or figure it out????? I find it hard to believe that they don't have this documented? The "owner's manual" is totally generic to cover "all" the models. Lazy if you ask me. Whatever,.. I guess.

Any assistance/help on this is truly appreciated everyone. I really don't want to guess at this, obviously!
DarodG8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:07 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Chances are very good that even if someone has the same trailer model, there may very well be "differences' in valve handle location. So, there's no "guarantee" that your valves will be the same as someone else's trailer valves...

Go to WalMart, buy a "clear terminal connector". Attach it to your trailer sewer outlet. Pull any valve, make note of what color comes out of it. Move to the next valve and repeat.

You'll find that a clear adapter is invaluable for cleaning tanks, flushing tanks, determining when a tank is empty as well as knowing what's coming out of the trailer.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SEWER CONNECTOR.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	35372  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:33 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Not much need for a schematic. Black tank will have the 3" drain valve, the bathroom gray tank will be somewhere close to under the bathroom and the galley, usually separated by a few feet, will be "up there" somewhere; behind the tires, through the frame.... Not a big deal; find the handles, put water in all the tanks and pull an handle...now you know. You need a clear elbow at the end of your dump line so you can see what does what.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale, water