Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #21
smiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis95407 View Post
I looked at your owners manual and do not see a woofer connection in the wiring diagram.
I think one reason the woofer may be so hard to find is that it's not there...

I added one to my 325SRX... a Dual (brand) 10" sub and amp for about $75 from Amazon. Works great, huge improvement.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #22
CarKath

Quote:
Originally Posted by EH Hawkes View Post
Hi thanks for the info as I have a Alpine 3450 also and the sub woofer does not appear to be working. Have you had the fireplace out if so is there some sort of trick to it
Sorry to jack the thread. But , yes, woofer is behind fireplace. Remove trim that surrounds the 3 sides of fireplace. That exposes screws to remove fire place. Once you pull fireplace out..........sub woofer is there. I personally moved wire and of course sub woofer outside and beside fireplace and re-installed fireplace.

Good luck
Dog : Tucker
Cats: Beaudie and Jangles
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #23
hwhtech

There is a subwoofer for the surround system behind the fireplace usually to the right or directly behind it.
hwhtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #24
reubenray

What Jensen brands do have a sub-woofer? I will be looking at a Cougar HC 291RLS this weekend. When I looked before I could not find a sub anywhere.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #25
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
I think one reason the woofer may be so hard to find is that it's not there...

I added one to my 325SRX... a Dual (brand) 10" sub and amp for about $75 from Amazon. Works great, huge improvement.
Smiller where did you end up putting the sub in the 325srx. Is it in the cabinet below the stereo or did you wire it elsewhere?

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #26
smiller

I mounted it in the left bottom cabinet in the entertainment center, there is a cover plate there to cover up the water fill lines with plenty of room behind it. I just cut a 10" hole and mounted the woofer. Works fine, the only issue is that the construction materials in the walls are pretty thin so hard to totally eliminate resonances when there is a lot of low-frequency energy, but there's not much to be done about that without doing more modification than it would be worth. Actually, I think you could even fit a 12" woofer in there, but not sure the additional sound level would be all that usable for the reason I just mentioned.

But it sure is a night-and-day improvement over the thin sound of the stock system, makes movie watching much more enjoyable.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote