Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2020, 07:40 AM   #1
QCMan
Gone Traveling

2020 Cougar 22RBS fresh water drain

Hi. Generic owners manual says that the low point drains also drain the fresh water tank. Sounds iffy as that would mean that the fresh water tank gets pressurized when using the pump or hooked to the pedestal. I am thinking that would make for an interesting geyser coming out of the fresh tank vent.
Anyone have this model and year unit that can give a little insight on this? I am doubting that there is a check valve installed as that would cost more. Looking under the unit shows no sign of a third drain. Thanks.
Safe camping!
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:58 AM   #2
travelin texans

If you were to run the pump with only the low point drains open it would eventually drain the fresh water tank. But I'd guess you have a fw tank drain also somewhere.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:06 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I have not yet found an Keystone RV without a fresh water tank drain. I'll further say that sometimes they have "unscrewed from the tank and fallen off in transit" or "someone needed it more than the owner and removed it".....

Get under the trailer, in the location of the fresh water tank, lay on your back and look up. You'll either find a small drain with a cap or you'll find a "gump of spray foam with a hole in it" (where the drain used to be)....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #4
Pharphr

Hello.

I just looked under my 2020 22rbs, and there is a drain valve under the fresh water tank near the electric stabilizer arm on the street side of the trailer. There are also what I'm guessing are hot and cold water drains on the curb side of the trailer, also near the front stabilizer arms.

Hope this helps.
Changed to a queen size bed
Lots of other little mods
Tow vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 v8
Pharphr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:08 PM   #5
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Aha!

I didn't think that waste of paper manual was right. Thanks for the help!
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:30 PM   #6
kjohn

I had a Jayco 197 with a slide. On my way home, the tank drain valve got broken off, I presume by a rock. I traveled a few miles on a gravel road. I installed a high tech guard, aka a coffee can around it. The can took a lot of direct hits. It was all beat to heck when we traded it off. I always carry a spare valve, just in case.

Tags
cougar, drain, water