Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
Kylesmith3021

Sliding interior door

Noticed when we got home today that one of our sliding interior doors came off while traveling..I hung it back up and went to move it and it popped off again..After getting door and the track off I noticed the track is damaged and bent..My question is what to replace it with to hang the door back up..I found this on amazon that looks like a direct replacement..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BMTTV8U?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

OR

https://www.lowes.com/pd/National-Hardware-1-Piece-48-in-Bi-pass-Door-Sliding-Closet-Door-Track-Kit/1000144493

There is a standard bypass kit at lowes for a third of the cost..My only worries is the one at lowes looks like the doors would pop off durring travel.
Kylesmith3021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #2
LHaven

The Lowe's model is apparently for two doors bypassing each other, and may not be what you want. The Amazon one looks nuclear-hardened, and I'd sure consider it.

In my Cougar, I noticed that the sliding bedroom door ran well past the door opening and didn't stop until it touched the opposite wall, an extra 5" or so. This was just enough for it to escape the guard arm that keeps it from swinging away from the wall surface, whereupon the dogs would just push on it as a (one-way) flap door. Maybe something like this happened to damage your door. I ended up screwing a plastic "footie" into the channel as an end stop at the appropriate position.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:34 PM   #3
Customer1

You could just remove the door and install a curtain. We found it gave us a little more space squeezing past the end of the bed.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:25 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I'm not sure what your configuration is we had something similar happen to us on our first long trip with trailer. Got to the destination that day, started to put the slide out and saw the sliding door sitting behind the facia of the slide about to hit it and break it.

Got the door, deployed the slide and assessed the damage. The terrible highways we had encountered apparently sent the sliding door back and forth in the track busting out the end of the wooden facia covering and pulling the track off the top along with breaking both rollers on the top. Thankfully the top track wasn't bent out of shape (if it had been can it not be straightened?). Got everything fixed but the culprit? On ours there is a stop screw in the top of the track to stop movement of the door if it goes too far - they had not placed one in ours. Fixed it up and we have had zero problems in many thousands of miles.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:28 AM   #5
busterbrown

This was my solution to our bedroom sliding pocket doors:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...7&postcount=81
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote