Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
Gimmer

Metal Touch Ring Light Stuck On

We have a 2017 Cougar travel trailer. It has a number of the touch on/off lights throughout the trailer. Super cool in theory, and when they work right. Last summer we had one get stuck “on” for about 20 minutes but then eventually turned off when touched. Didn’t have a problem the rest of the summer.

Now the same light is acting up. It’s been on for a few hours now. No big deal since we’re parked in the driveway but in a few weeks when we load up the kids, it’s not going to work. Has anyone had this problem? My searches tell me people have had problems with them turning on or being connected to the radio, but ours just won’t turn off. Hoping someone has a fix because we don’t have time for it to go in for repair before our next adventure.
Gimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:27 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I'm guessing it's a 12VDC lamp? If so, find the fuse that protects it. Probably in the fuse panel on the power distribution panel. Pull that fuse and it should "reset" the neg/pos potential, allowing the light to deactivate. Once you reinsert the fuse, it should be off. Mark that fuse so you can "reset" the lamp if it happens again.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:46 PM   #3
ADQ K9

Just had it happen on our 2017 this weekend. Stayed on or would not come on.
I pulled the fuse to shut it off. Will take apart and double check the connection this week I am told that if it does this there might be a loose connection at the light.
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light