Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
JWS

Fresh/city water question

Question for the tech guys. On out last trip had water leaking out fresh water tank vent in the water station where cutoff valve is. Checked fresh water and sure enough was full and over flowing. Drained off fresh water tank till empty and worked lever from Fresh to City position a few times. With valve in City position water was leaking out slightly from fresh tank with drain open. Left water on all night with drain open so as not to overfill tank. Next morning no water was coming from tank drain and all seems to be working correctly. Do I have a problem that will resurface or just a glitch, maybe something got flushed out. Trailer is still under warranty but don't want to waste everybody's time with "no problem found".
JWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:16 PM   #2
ChuckS

If you have Anderson four way valve in your water compartment it is prone to having a seal roll and this will let water bypass into fresh water tank

If you have single lever for city water selection then I’d suspect the check valve on the water pump has some junk in it. If so this will stick open and allow water to backfill fresh water tank

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Are you using a quality regulator on the city water line? My understanding is those valves are very prone to damage from high pressure.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #4
travelin texans

Just info for any newbies onboard!
This is NOT a regulator, it restricts the flow to reduce the pressure regardless of what pressure the faucet has.

Name:   a01-1122vp_22_100.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  2.0 KB

This is an adjustable regulator, doe not restrict the the flow & If the faucet pressure is above the preset pressure will regulate the pressure down, if below the preset it will not affect the flow.

Name:   a01-1117vp_23_100.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  2.7 KB
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #5
Terry W.

I plumbed in a house hold pressure regulator. I connect it it water source get pressure with a Gage then connect to camper. Get get flow in shower. Again happy wife happy life
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
JWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
If you have Anderson four way valve in your water compartment it is prone to having a seal roll and this will let water bypass into fresh water tank

If you have single lever for city water selection then I’d suspect the check valve on the water pump has some junk in it. If so this will stick open and allow water to backfill fresh water tank
I don't know for sure which valve I have. My lever points to city or tank fill for same connection. From your comment I suspect I had junk in the check valve at water pump.
JWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #7
bob91yj

Mine has done this since day one. It sounds like I have the same valve that the OP has. We live in our trailer full time so I didn't take it back to get it fixed. My (temporary) solution has been to use the water pump when taking showers to pump the tank down a bit so it doesn't overflow out of the vent line.

Permanent solution will require taking the chloroplast off to attempt a permanent repair...I'm inherently lazy...temporary solution has been working just fine!
bob91yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #8
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob91yj View Post
Mine has done this since day one. It sounds like I have the same valve that the OP has. We live in our trailer full time so I didn't take it back to get it fixed. My (temporary) solution has been to use the water pump when taking showers to pump the tank down a bit so it doesn't overflow out of the vent line.

Permanent solution will require taking the chloroplast off to attempt a permanent repair...I'm inherently lazy...temporary solution has been working just fine!
I doubt you have to pull the chloroplast, If you have a Anderson Valve it will be identified on the plastic surround. Google it and instructions will detail the disassembly and repair kit. If it is the check valve on the water pump most are accessible from inside.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:56 AM   #9
bob91yj

^^^^On my trailer the water connections are in the left rear corner. I have found ZERO access to that corner, inside nor outside. On the inside I have a built in "end table" with no obvious access panel. I considered removing the entire "faceplate" from the outside of the trailer to look at it, swap the valve out. etc. Just haven't gotten around to doing anything about it (refer back to inherently lazy).
bob91yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water