Originally Posted by parkgirl
It turns out that the screw cover was not the source of our leak, but I would not really consider that cover purely cosmetic. It covers up a row of screws that are not caulked at all and are running all along the eavestrough so they are exposed to water if they are not covered up.
I had a leak along the little gutter above the awning. The crack was hard to see, but a guy posting from Florida discussed it and I found I did have that problem. I removed all the old sealant and cleaned with isopropyl alcohol. I used a flexible caulking and then did the other side of the trailer for good measure. My little mystery leaks appear resolved.
I used "Big Stretch" on one side and "Loctite 2 in 1 Seal & Bond" on the other only because we had moved and I couldn't find the Big Stretch again.