Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2018, 01:15 PM   #21
Tre’s Laredo

Yes and a good one.
Tre’s Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #22
dpankowski

We were staying in a campground and the maint guy came over and told us their doing some electrical work and they are going to shut off power. Like a dummy, I didn't think to disconnect. Well they turned on the power and they fried the 12v converter. The first night of a 10 day trip. Ever since then I always have power protection. I use one that plugs into the pedestal. Not as convenient as a built in one.

https://www.campingworld.com/50-amp-...th-lcd-display

2011 Ford F-350 6.7SD Crew cab 8' box factory 5th Wheel hitch package
dpankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:58 PM   #23
guitarboy52

I feel comfortable with my choice, Progressive seems to be state of the art in surge and low voltage security. Three more nights in our shake down outing, so far our TT has been carefree. I know it won't always go this smooth, but a great start.
guitarboy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:07 AM   #24
Old soldier
Gone Traveling

Yipper! I have a 30 amp for our 1964 Fireball vintage camoer snd a 50 amp model for our Montana. I don’t get the hardwired version so I can move them between campers. And before you plug into the pedestal, check to ensure the breakers were all switched off. Some dolts do not turn off power before unhooking, so the pedestal is “on” when you plug in. That can cause arcing as you plug in your surge guard. Our 30 amp model has a 2 minute delay before providing power to the coach (there are two leds that turn green when power is on, so don’t get worried if power in the coach gas a delay); our 50 amp model does not have that delay. I still use surge guards for entertainment centers, etc even though the main guard is on the pedestal. Like wearing a belt and suspenders, I guess: mark of an old man. Tchuss!
Old soldier is offline   Reply With Quote