Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2018, 08:33 AM   #1
eickdle

New hideout travel trailer 26rls first run

Finally found time to take out our new keystone and expected to find some issues as we did. Mostly trivial but two that concerns me. One is the weak floors which already hav e been talked about. Also before we purchased this we looked at several in the 31 ft range and rear living only to find out that the same issues with the flooring and average appliances existed in the others as well. The other concern is the 8 in long and narrow gouge that we found in the vinyl floor under the slide when it is all the way in and when you open there it is. As we looked further into this we noticed several metal shavings where the slide begins to open. Very unfortunate but we have a strong dealership where we purchased it. Other than those two we like the unit.
eickdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
BamaRam

My Hideout had a lot of shavings and sawdust too.

I haven't noticed the floor being weak. It's stronger than some of the units I walked through.

Ours also has a slice in the floor covering at the front slide that we didn't see on PDI. Haven't addressed it with dealership.

I made a few notes on things I've found here.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaRam View Post
My Hideout had a lot of shavings and sawdust too.

I haven't noticed the floor being weak. It's stronger than some of the units I walked through.

Ours also has a slice in the floor covering at the front slide that we didn't see on PDI. Haven't addressed it with dealership.

I made a few notes on things I've found here.
If you're having a problem with the slide and possible damage to the vinyl under the slide, be sure to identify the damage with your dealer SOON !!!!! The slide adjustment is only warrantied for the first 90 days, after that any adjustment or alignment of the slide is considered "owner responsibility" and isn't covered by Keystone. So, if there's any damage to the vinyl, you need to make sure the dealer knows about it and that he contacts Keystone BEFORE 90 DAYS, otherwise, Keystone may decline warranty repairs stating that the slide wasn't kept in adjustment by the owner....... Hopefully you won't face that obstacle but better safe than sorry......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
BamaRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If you're having a problem with the slide and possible damage to the vinyl under the slide, be sure to identify the damage with your dealer SOON !!!!! The slide adjustment is only warrantied for the first 90 days, after that any adjustment or alignment of the slide is considered "owner responsibility" and isn't covered by Keystone. So, if there's any damage to the vinyl, you need to make sure the dealer knows about it and that he contacts Keystone BEFORE 90 DAYS, otherwise, Keystone may decline warranty repairs stating that the slide wasn't kept in adjustment by the owner....... Hopefully you won't face that obstacle but better safe than sorry......

Pardon my ignorance but what is considered an out of adjustment condition? I looked at the slide at the point where the floor damage occurred and it's not rubbing. I was thinking it could have happened at the dealership and they adjusted it before they sold it to me. I can tell it has been adjusted considerably by looking at paint at the adjustment points. So if that's the case it's my word against theirs.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
eickdle

my concern is how is this repaired and will they claim responsibility. The dealer already indicated that I return for adjustments after a shakedown. Again I fully realized what I was getting into with this purchase.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaRam View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is considered an out of adjustment condition? ...
The point I was trying to make is that if you wait until after 90 days from date of delivery, it won't matter what, why or how it was damaged, if Keystone determines that it was an alignment issue (regardless of whether it was ever aligned or not) they probably won't cover it and will refer you to the warranty exclusion on page 9 of the Owner's Manual that states: "• Adjustments to all doors, drawers, locks, latches, slide outs, awnings and window treatments beyond 90 days after retail sale;"

If I recall, you took delivery of your Hideout about a month ago. Summer is the peak season for all RV service centers and they are swamped. If you wait a couple more weeks (after a planned trip) to call and make an appointment, you may well find that the dealer can't (won't) accept your RV for service until well after the first 90 days has passed. If so, it won't make a "hill of beans" difference when or why the slide needs adjustment, it will all be at your expense. So, if you're concerned with damage caused by the slide and warranty payment, you might want to discuss the problem with your dealer well before that 90 day window ends......

It's entirely up to you whether you want to gamble with beating the clock or not, just a friendly suggestion that you don't delay if you want the warranty to cover the problem......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:02 PM   #7
eickdle

hideout concerns

Jusst discussed the floor and slideout issues with the dealer and have scheduled a service on the 26th of june. I still feel very good about my 26rls purchase and after spending our time on the shores of lake superior a week ago without any other issues cannot wait to take it out again.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:15 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

PLEASE understand that it's not how you understand the "warranty"....it's how Keystone interprets/administers it. It is 100% on you to advise them, right now, of any problems with documentation, pictures etc. If you think you will just hang out, let the issues pile up, and somewhere down the road complain...you messed up.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout, travel trailer