Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: desoto
Posts: 5
Black water valve?

I recently purchased a 2008 copper canyon. It has a slide valve near the sport for the galley, and I see where the piping goes to the black water. However, i do not see a valve. The tank is full and needs to be emptied. Is there a valve, or does just drain when the cap is removed? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Dwscutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
Site Team
ctbruce's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 3,879
There is a gate valve. Trust me, you wouldn't want it to start draining when you removed the cap. The valve will either be a t-handle o the pipes by the drain or located in a convenience center. Hook up your sewer hose, put the other end in the sewer pipe and then pull the handle. Follow up by draining the gray tank to clean out the sewer hose.

Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Glad you're here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:34 AM   #3
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: desoto
Posts: 5
I've folloed the pipe from the opening up to where it dissapears into the bottom insulation and there is no "t" valve like on the grey water. Was wondering if it was located elsewhere? I will provide pictures this weekend when I go to the lake
Dwscutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:58 AM   #4
Site Team
JRTJH's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gaylord
Posts: 21,619
The valve is usually "AT THE TANK CONNECTION" (not downstream from it on a 3" pipe). If it were "downstream" then heavier solids would migrate to the pipe, clog it and you'd have a "big mess"... So, the valve is "next to the tank opening" and the handle is either attached by a solid rod or a "Bowden cable" (similar to the engine control cable on your lawn mower). Typically, if there is a solid rod, it exits through a slit in the bottom cover of the trailer. If there is a Bowden cable, it is either in a convenience center or secured in a 3/8" hole drilled through the frame rail.

There is a valve, it needs to remain closed except during actual dumping and unless someone "took it off" or "stole it", you'll find it, probably under the trailer at a slit in the bottom cover or tucked way up high under the skirting, on the frame rail. It's probably a 'dull black T handle" so it won't be easy to locate in the shadows, but it's there...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.