Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
...Mine made it to 101,000 when I replaced it - and luckily before it ruptured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
Conundrum...improve the mark with aftermarket products or take a chance at voiding the warranty...
For the CAC Intercooler, warranty wouldn't be an issue on Ford's diesel engines. That part ends at 100,000 miles (if it's even covered by the extended warranty) .... At least Dave W's made it to 101,000 before he felt it needed changing. I looked at mine, so far it looks like it did when new. Of course, I'm less than 1/3 the mileage of his truck. Time will tell...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #22
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
For the CAC Intercooler, warranty wouldn't be an issue on Ford's diesel engines. That part ends at 100,000 miles (if it's even covered by the extended warranty) .... At least Dave W's made it to 101,000 before he felt it needed changing. I looked at mine, so far it looks like it did when new. Of course, I'm less than 1/3 the mileage of his truck. Time will tell...
I'm still under an ESP contract plan to 137K.

I felt that it wasn't worth the grief for that proverbial West Overshoe failure on a holiday Sat. evening.

Then I doubt that there will be any issues as this is an aftermarket component and an improvement to a known problem to Ford (there is a TSB) and does not change any engine operating characteristics nor does it void any warranty as described by the Moss-Magnuson Act of 1975**. If I had chosen the other H&S version, I would need a 'tune' which then would most likely fall outside of that Act's provisions.

**https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance

But with that said, you have to be the judge of what you feel is best for your truck. I'm aware of several 6.7 powered Fords (see the Ford Truck Enthusiasts website) that had a CAC tube failure within about 30K miles while towing heavy 5ers. At the age and mileage my truck was at and being a very early JOB 1 2011 vehicle built in May 2010, I took the conservative, safe route for our use.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #23
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Sometimes voiding a warranty by making the engine more reliable is more important than keeping it stock and letting it blow under warranty.

Even under best case scenario, a warranty situation seems to cost a ton... and then you're back to stock along with stock problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford