RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #41
canesfan
Senior Member
 
canesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tidewater Area Virginia
Posts: 1,271
Does it unscrew by any chance?
__________________

__________________
2014 Raptor RP300MP w/ Rear Patio Party Deck, Folding Side Ladder, 6 Point Level Up, Carlisle Radial Trail HDs
2004 2500HD D/A CC SB - TTT Mirrors, Prodigy BC, 18K Pullrite Superglide, NEW Fuel Injectors 11/2015 (ouch)
canesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #42
Mcfeeley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 25
Well, there is a newer Sprinter a couple of spaces from my storage spot and it has the same setup. And there are no holes for pins on the extending inner sleeve. I can stick my finger all the way up the underside center hole on the bottom of the pad and can't tell if there is a nut holding the pad on. Even so, I wasn't able to find a replacement pad on their website and the customer service people had no clue on a replacement part.
__________________

Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #43
Javi
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waco, Tx
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfeeley View Post
Well, there is a newer Sprinter a couple of spaces from my storage spot and it has the same setup. And there are no holes for pins on the extending inner sleeve. I can stick my finger all the way up the underside center hole on the bottom of the pad and can't tell if there is a nut holding the pad on. Even so, I wasn't able to find a replacement pad on their website and the customer service people had no clue on a replacement part.
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../LC314667.html
__________________
2020 Avalanche 313 RS 15K GVWR
2015 F350 6.7 2WD Dually 6062 Payload
63 Gallon RDS Wedge Aux Tank
Plenty of truck...and now plenty of fuel
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:53 AM   #44
Mcfeeley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 25
Thanks, but these look like they attach with a center bolt. But my foot pad is hollow up the center. At least for three or four inches. Since it is under warranty, I don't want to go screwing around with it too much, but I would try a socket and extension to see if it is attached up the center. But it still leaves me without a replacement. And the foot pad that Lippert sent me was the pinned one. The front jacks are scissor jacks and are pinned.
Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #45
Javi
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waco, Tx
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfeeley View Post
Thanks, but these look like they attach with a center bolt. But my foot pad is hollow up the center. At least for three or four inches. Since it is under warranty, I don't want to go screwing around with it too much, but I would try a socket and extension to see if it is attached up the center. But it still leaves me without a replacement. And the foot pad that Lippert sent me was the pinned one. The front jacks are scissor jacks and are pinned.
Your description doesn't sound like a Ground Control 3... What exactly do you have...
__________________
2020 Avalanche 313 RS 15K GVWR
2015 F350 6.7 2WD Dually 6062 Payload
63 Gallon RDS Wedge Aux Tank
Plenty of truck...and now plenty of fuel
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #46
Mcfeeley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 25
The label on the outside of the jack says Ground Control 3.0. See photos a few comments back. My storage neighbors Sprinter says the same.
Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #47
Javi
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waco, Tx
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfeeley View Post
The label on the outside of the jack says Ground Control 3.0. See photos a few comments back. My storage neighbors Sprinter says the same.
I see the label but the pads look like the new Smart Jack pads...

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...eling___05.jpg

This is what my Ground Control 3 Jacks look like... https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...trol-jacks.jpg
__________________
2020 Avalanche 313 RS 15K GVWR
2015 F350 6.7 2WD Dually 6062 Payload
63 Gallon RDS Wedge Aux Tank
Plenty of truck...and now plenty of fuel
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #48
Mcfeeley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I see the label but the pads look like the new Smart Jack pads...

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...eling___05.jpg

This is what my Ground Control 3 Jacks look like... https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...trol-jacks.jpg
The top photo is exactly what they put on. But when I search for "Smart Jack" all I get is the tongue jack. And I think that has a pinned foot pad. I didn't find any reference to rear jacks by that name. Are you familiar with these rear jacks? Because everyone else, including the people I've spoken to at Lippert, and the service people at my dealer, are perplexed.
Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #49
Javi
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waco, Tx
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfeeley View Post
The top photo is exactly what they put on. But when I search for "Smart Jack" all I get is the tongue jack. And I think that has a pinned foot pad. I didn't find any reference to rear jacks by that name. Are you familiar with these rear jacks? Because everyone else, including the people I've spoken to at Lippert, and the service people at my dealer, are perplexed.
That jack is from the Ground Control TT (Travel Trailer) LCI website...
__________________
2020 Avalanche 313 RS 15K GVWR
2015 F350 6.7 2WD Dually 6062 Payload
63 Gallon RDS Wedge Aux Tank
Plenty of truck...and now plenty of fuel
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #50
Desert185
Senior Member
 
Desert185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfeeley View Post
Photo's attached.
If you (can) replace it, it will probably get bent again. I think I would put a big Crescent wrench on the flange and bend it back. It really doesn't need to be perfect, especially if using a pad of some sort under it. FWIW...
__________________
Desert185 🇺🇸 (Retired Chemtrail vendor)
-Ram 2500 QC, LB, 4x4, Cummins HO/exhaust brake, 6-speed stick.
-Andersen Ultimate 24K 5er Hitch.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #51
Javi
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waco, Tx
Posts: 3,963
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ll_Manual1.pdf
__________________
2020 Avalanche 313 RS 15K GVWR
2015 F350 6.7 2WD Dually 6062 Payload
63 Gallon RDS Wedge Aux Tank
Plenty of truck...and now plenty of fuel
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #52
Mcfeeley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
If you (can) replace it, it will probably get bent again. I think I would put a big Crescent wrench on the flange and bend it back. It really doesn't need to be perfect, especially if using a pad of some sort under it. FWIW...
That's what I originally was going to do but I could not find a way to remove the foot pad. And using a hammer on it was going no where with the heavy gauge steel. I'm wondering why they would use such a low riding jack on the rear and not the higher riding folding jacks that they show on their other systems.
Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #53
Desert185
Senior Member
 
Desert185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfeeley View Post
That's what I originally was going to do but I could not find a way to remove the foot pad. And using a hammer on it was going no where with the heavy gauge steel. I'm wondering why they would use such a low riding jack on the rear and not the higher riding folding jacks that they show on their other systems.
Go to HF and buy the 3-pack, large Crescent wrench set. Lower the leveling pad onto a jack stand or 4x4 for support. Slide the largest Crescent wrench onto the side of the pad that is bent and use a pipe extension on it, if you have one, and put some weight on it until it bends back. If its scratched some and you want to make it pretty, shoot with a rattle can.

Keep Crescent wrench in the trailer for the next time...
__________________
Desert185 🇺🇸 (Retired Chemtrail vendor)
-Ram 2500 QC, LB, 4x4, Cummins HO/exhaust brake, 6-speed stick.
-Andersen Ultimate 24K 5er Hitch.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #54
Mcfeeley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 25
Maybe it is a sign that the times are too good for the RV industry. This is not my first RV but it is my first Keystone. One of the service managers at my dealer made the comment that the RV industry is not like the automotive industry. The automotive industry will try a new idea out through testing on proving grounds, etc. before putting it out to market. Not necessarily true with the RV industry.
Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #55
Mcfeeley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
Go to HF and buy the 3-pack, large Crescent wrench set. Lower the leveling pad onto a jack stand or 4x4 for support. Slide the largest Crescent wrench onto the side of the pad that is bent and use a pipe extension on it, if you have one, and put some weight on it until it bends back. If its scratched some and you want to make it pretty, shoot with a rattle can.

Keep Crescent wrench in the trailer for the next time...
Thanks, I will try that. My main concern is if this will be an ongoing issue and that the impact will eventually screw up the jack gears.
Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:30 PM   #56
Eddie A.
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Olympia
Posts: 67
New Auto Leveling System

Not so sure how I feel about the Ground Control TT on my Cougar. The first two trips out it worked great, but as I feared,it's just another system to have to worry about. Now my right front (RF) jack keeps throwing an error that I can't clear even by attempting to "homing" procedure. Lippert techs keep telling me it sound like a low voltage issue from my batteries, but I'm showing 12.6 volts all around and all the other jacks and everything else that runs off the battery works fine. Gonna be three weeks before I can get it in to be diagnosed and repaired under warranty.....oh well

That said, I have he same rear jacks as you do Mcfeeley and haven't had any issues clearing thing so you may have caught something on the road and not realized it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 Cougar Xlite 29BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Platinum CM
5.7L V8 w/ 4.10 gears
Eddie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #57
Mcfeeley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie A. View Post
Not so sure how I feel about the Ground Control TT on my Cougar. The first two trips out it worked great, but as I feared,it's just another system to have to worry about. Now my right front (RF) jack keeps throwing an error that I can't clear even by attempting to "homing" procedure. Lippert techs keep telling me it sound like a low voltage issue from my batteries, but I'm showing 12.6 volts all around and all the other jacks and everything else that runs off the battery works fine. Gonna be three weeks before I can get it in to be diagnosed and repaired under warranty.....oh well

That said, I have he same rear jacks as you do Mcfeeley and haven't had any issues clearing thing so you may have caught something on the road and not realized it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That may be true, but the irony is that I was concerned about it when I picked it up at the dealer. Was reassured by the service technician. Drove it 20 miles on paved highway to my storage lot and then found damage done to it. Must have been a pot hole. There were no curbs on the route. The theory being that it is close enough to the rear wheel to not be a problem. Somehow the theory was disproven in my case. I hope it does not prove to be an ongoing problem. It was a very big buying feature for us. We didn't pay good money for a another hassle.
Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #58
chuckster57
Site Team
 
chuckster57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Modesto
Posts: 12,440
I'm not here to debate or point fingers, but if you hit a pot hole big enough to do that, I don't believe there is any way you WOULDN'T feel it.

I have a call into LCI tech support to see if there is any difference in foot attachment for 3.0 on a fiver and TT.
__________________

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #59
Mcfeeley
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I'm not here to debate or point fingers, but if you hit a pot hole big enough to do that, I don't believe there is any way you WOULDN'T feel it.

I have a call into LCI tech support to see if there is any difference in foot attachment for 3.0 on a fiver and TT.
Typical comment from a "service Tech". Just can't be wrong. Please!!
Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #60
Desert185
Senior Member
 
Desert185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfeeley View Post
Thanks, I will try that. My main concern is if this will be an ongoing issue and that the impact will eventually screw up the jack gears.
Is there a way to adjust the jacks up on the mounting brackets?
__________________

__________________
Desert185 🇺🇸 (Retired Chemtrail vendor)
-Ram 2500 QC, LB, 4x4, Cummins HO/exhaust brake, 6-speed stick.
-Andersen Ultimate 24K 5er Hitch.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leveling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×