Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2017, 10:20 AM   #1
flybouy
Site Team

Carlisle Radial Trail RH - First Trip

Purchased 4 Carlisle Radial Trail RH - Trailer ST225/75R15 RADIAL TRAIL RH LRE last year as was unable to put any real miles on them until now. Just returned from several weeks on the road. Departed home (Maryland) headed down I81 S to Tennessee. Stayed a at Pigeon Forge (Dollywood) a while, then west to Hurricane Mills (loretta Lynn's Ranch). Left there and made a wrong turn so went on to Memphis, TN. Stayed in West Memphis AR on the Mississippi. Return trip was thru Kentucky with stops in West Virginia and some very mountainous roads from Elkins, WV to I81 below Winchester VA and back home.

Overall just over 2,500 miles on many different road types, surfaces and conditions. The tires never changed temps or pressure (I have a TPMS) nor did the wheels have any torque changes on the lug nuts, yes I checked before hitting the road EVERY time and at some stops on the longer runs. Also check tread depth with a gauge and no appreciable wear detected which was amazing considering the terrible conditions the interstates have become. I asked at one Tennesse rest stop if the state ever planned on building any paved roads but that's another story.

Bottom line, I spent $243 at Tread Dept for the four tires. They were delivered in 3 days with manufacturing dates that were less than 90 days old. Had them installed with bolt in valve stems and balanced and aired to 80 p.s.i. The unit pulls great, has much less sidewall flex when making tight parking maneuvers, and have performed well above my expectations. After the first run thru extremely rough roads I expected the interior cabinets to be detached when we stopped as a result of the E rated tires and higher air pressures. Just the opposite was the result, not a single door opened and everything was intact and generally appeared to be undisturbed in any way. Average speed was 63 m.p.h. according to the trip history on the GPS.

I am thrilled with the results for $$!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
canesfan

Good to hear, and you got a great deal on those RHs. I'm hoping since the HDs are supposed to be even better than the RHs I have the same success. Only been on one short trip with them and couldn't really tell or feel any difference. I have one drawer that opens sometimes under the oven, I'm going to watch that and see if it still does. But it's just a nice feeling to have something better underneath there than the OEM junk.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
geobet

Great write up and review. I just had Carlisle Radial Trail HD 235/85/16 installed on my High Country. No real miles yet. Hope to have the same results as you. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Love the smell of fresh coffee & diesel in the morning!
geobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #4
CaptnJohn

Carlisle RH installed right before the HD came out. Not disappointed although the HD are supposed to be even better. Actually, 3rd set ~~ these were put on my 5er when new, previously had installed on another 5er and a TT. Never a problem.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote