Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #21
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Yeap. That is a thorough description of the Gravity Fresh Water Fill.. To test it and as described in the Manual "How to know FWT is Full".

Connect a water hose to city water connection and turn the selector valve to FILL. Turn on the water to the connected hose, walk to the curb side of the rig, unlock that little Gravity Fill compartment and take that little cap off. Go do something else for a long time (110 gallons). If you come back and water is only coming out the Gravity Fill. All is Good.and more important your FWT is now Full

Added. Do not tell canesfan
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:35 AM   #22
dutchmensport

We purchased a 35 gallon tank from TSC (Tractor Supply Company) and a transfer pump from Lowe's. When the on-board tank gets low, it's very simple to take the take to the closest fresh water fill station, fill it, then return to the camper and fill the on-board tank. This gave us the freedom to select campsites, virtually anywhere now, without being tethered to a water spigot. Of course, you have to run water from your on-board water pump, but this works.

dutchmensport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:04 AM   #23
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
OK.....an update for what I posted in #11. I did check when I got home and on my Toy Hauler (Impact 303), there is a city water fill with a small screen in it and you have to hook a hose to it. Further up towards the front of the trailer is a lockable hatch door and there is where the fresh water fill is. It's a cap that you take off, stick a nozzle or water hose or ???? down inside it and let 'er rip....totally gravity fed. Right next to that fill port, in behind the same door, is a vent for the tank. I was 99.9% sure, so I didn't know!
You're lucky. Guess they started putting them on again after a lot of us fussed. Nah, they never pay attention to what we have to say. They know better than we do. That's why you hear so often "what the !$#*??? were they thinking???"
Old 03-17-2017, 06:25 AM   #24
xrated

This one is my very first ever camping trailer, so I thought they were all like the one I've got...........who knew? Well, I guess y'all did, but I sure didn't.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #25
itat

In provincial parks up here, the taps located throughout the park do not have threads so unless the water bandit will work, we can't connect a hose to that tap.

I use 2 or 3 blue 6 gal water jugs, cart them back to my site on a folding hand truck, and pump the water into my gravity fill port.

I wanted to upgrade my water pump so I replaced it with a new SHURflo pump and rigged the old one up on a board with a switch in a weather-proof box, and used battery clamps to connect to my TT's battery. This setup should give you enough pressure to fill the tank.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2014-2018)
itat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water