RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-14-2016, 07:26 AM   #1
henkelphoto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 8
2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

Hi guys!

Okay, so we brought the 177lhs (soon to be named The Bar 20) home and I've got a couple of questions for people who own one, or anyone with knowledge about them.

First, I've looked under the trailer but can't seem to find if the fresh water tank has a drain petcock. Does it, or does it drain from the low point drain?

Second, we want to use the storage under the mattress to store our bedding in. That means that everytime we go out in the trailer, we will be digging into that bin. It's difficult to lift up the mattress and lift the door to the storage area by myself. Then I have to prop up the door by letting the mattress down on it, which I'm worried it will eventually poke a hole in the mattress.

So, my thought is to buy some 1/4 or 3/8 plywood and cut it to fit under the mattress. Then, I can lift up the whole thing with one hand and place something to hold it up there while I access the storage bin, perhaps a piece of pvc with rubber cane ends at each end.

What do you think?
__________________

henkelphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team
 
chuckster57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Modesto
Posts: 12,956
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

The fresh water tank will have its own drain. Your dealer should have showed it to you during your walk through/orientation. You may have to lay on your back or a creeper for a closer inspection.

Lots of people modify the bed base, and if you want you could add struts to hold it up while your digging out the bedding.
__________________

__________________

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #3
henkelphoto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 8
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Your dealer should have showed it to you during your walk through/orientation.
You mean that thing where they show you 100 different items in less than 15 minutes? LOL!
henkelphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:13 AM   #4
byrdr1
Senior Member
 
byrdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,037
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkelphoto View Post
You mean that thing where they show you 100 different items in less than 15 minutes? LOL!
Now that's funny right here.
You should have told them to slow down and taken your time. Based on the info that is shared on here about 2 or more hours is needed to do it right.
randy
__________________

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:10 AM   #5
henkelphoto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 8
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

Actually it was a bit longer than 15 minutes, probably close to an hour, and he may have shown me the drain cock, but it's still a lot of information to assimilate in a short time. To be honest, I was more interested in finding out how to hook up the weight distribution hitch.
henkelphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team
 
chuckster57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Modesto
Posts: 12,956
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

The dealership I work at allots 1.5 hrs. My boss let's me take as long as it takes to make the customer comfortable. For a new RV owner it is a lot of information to absorb. Try explaining 40 feet of Class A with 4 slides, 3 A/C with heat pump, 5 TV's and dishwasher in 1.5 hrs.
__________________

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: W. Texas
Posts: 11,172
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
The fresh water tank will have its own drain. Your dealer should have showed it to you during your walk through/orientation. You may have to lay on your back or a creeper for a closer inspection.

Lots of people modify the bed base, and if you want you could add struts to hold it up while your digging out the bedding.
Remove the existing base under the mattress and install a full (or almost full) base that is supported by struts. Should be easy to do, will save you lots of irritation and access under the bed will be a snap.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:37 PM   #8
24v
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 54
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

There should be a hose hanging down from under the trailer right by where you fill the fresh water. Remove that cap and the water drains out. There is no valve.
24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:00 PM   #9
theeyres
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Posts: 782
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
There should be a hose hanging down from under the trailer right by where you fill the fresh water. Remove that cap and the water drains out. There is no valve.
Different model but right under the fill. In my case right behind the front tire on the curb side. No valve. You just unscrew the fitting at the bottom of the hose.
__________________
Earl

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:22 PM   #10
Willie & Bev
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Newburgh
Posts: 70
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

We also have a new 177LHS and the under the bed stroage is really hard to access. I'm thinking of trying to put a cabinet door on the side and not using the top access. What do you think?
Willie & Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:39 PM   #11
henkelphoto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 8
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

Willie, that would certainly help out with lifting the bed up to get into the storage area. I'll have to think about that myself.
henkelphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:44 PM   #12
chuckster57
Site Team
 
chuckster57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Modesto
Posts: 12,956
Re: 2 questions about my Hideout 177lhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie & Bev View Post
We also have a new 177LHS and the under the bed stroage is really hard to access. I'm thinking of trying to put a cabinet door on the side and not using the top access. What do you think?
First off Welcome to the forum

Adding a cabinet door shouldn't be difficult. You could probably order a door and hardware to match what you have, just pick a door the size you would like, as I highly doubt the factory would fabricate one to your specific dimensions.
__________________

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:48 PM   #13
CrazyCain
Senior Member
 
CrazyCain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Commerce Twp, Mi
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkelphoto View Post
Hi guys!

Okay, so we brought the 177lhs (soon to be named The Bar 20) home and I've got a couple of questions for people who own one, or anyone with knowledge about them.

First, I've looked under the trailer but can't seem to find if the fresh water tank has a drain petcock. Does it, or does it drain from the low point drain?

Second, we want to use the storage under the mattress to store our bedding in. That means that everytime we go out in the trailer, we will be digging into that bin. It's difficult to lift up the mattress and lift the door to the storage area by myself. Then I have to prop up the door by letting the mattress down on it, which I'm worried it will eventually poke a hole in the mattress.

So, my thought is to buy some 1/4 or 3/8 plywood and cut it to fit under the mattress. Then, I can lift up the whole thing with one hand and place something to hold it up there while I access the storage bin, perhaps a piece of pvc with rubber cane ends at each end.

What do you think?
Yep, low point drain tub is hanging near the front underneath. At least on my 177LHS it is...
__________________
TOM

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #14
dagen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: OAKLAND
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkelphoto View Post
Hi guys!

Okay, so we brought the 177lhs (soon to be named The Bar 20) home and I've got a couple of questions for people who own one, or anyone with knowledge about them.

First, I've looked under the trailer but can't seem to find if the fresh water tank has a drain petcock. Does it, or does it drain from the low point drain?

Second, we want to use the storage under the mattress to store our bedding in. That means that everytime we go out in the trailer, we will be digging into that bin. It's difficult to lift up the mattress and lift the door to the storage area by myself. Then I have to prop up the door by letting the mattress down on it, which I'm worried it will eventually poke a hole in the mattress.

So, my thought is to buy some 1/4 or 3/8 plywood and cut it to fit under the mattress. Then, I can lift up the whole thing with one hand and place something to hold it up there while I access the storage bin, perhaps a piece of pvc with rubber cane ends at each end.

What do you think?
We have a 178LHS that the bed is a similar situation. There's nothing to hold it up and it gets heavy quickly. I bought one of these and I am going to be installing it tomorrow:
https://smile.amazon.com/Hatchlift-B...s=bedlift&th=1
dagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:54 PM   #15
LarrySharon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
Posts: 232
My dealership must have took over 2 hours, our particular tour guide would correct issues as he would find them. Very good dealership, UNEEK RV, Kelso, Wa.
__________________

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:42 AM   #16
Dblhack
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Willis
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie & Bev View Post
We also have a new 177LHS and the under the bed stroage is really hard to access. I'm thinking of trying to put a cabinet door on the side and not using the top access. What do you think?
Willie & Bev,

Did you ever do this? I was thinking about doing the same, but I worried about the stress on the side as that is where we get off the bed.
Dblhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:56 AM   #17
fourfourto
Senior Member
 
fourfourto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bainbridge NY
Posts: 214
I have similar set up for bed, put in a hinge with a piece of wood to hold bed up.
I added a laundry access under the bed.
Cat litter access under dinette.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	19110   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	19111   Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	19112   Click image for larger version

Name:	013.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	19113  
__________________

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:56 AM   #18
Dblhack
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Willis
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto View Post
I have similar set up for bed, put in a hinge with a piece of wood to hold bed up.
I added a laundry access under the bed.
Cat litter access under dinette.
I just pulled up the board from beneath the bed. I have a fresh water tank in that space. I can still put a board on top of the fresh water tank to put a few items of clothes.
Dblhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:25 PM   #19
Willie & Bev
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Newburgh
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblhack View Post
Willie & Bev,

Did you ever do this? I was thinking about doing the same, but I worried about the stress on the side as that is where we get off the bed.
No, we traded it in on a larger trailer.
Willie
__________________

Willie & Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hideout

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×