Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
mel07green

Dometic thermostat

Any hints on operating this needlessly complicated and fickle beast? I just want to control the temp, get it below 68. Won't let me.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
Johnnyfry

Thermostat

I have the same unit in my 318SAB and, yes, it is a prickly little beast. I assume that your is a little white 3" square box.

My unit will not go below 68° in the A/C mode, in the heating mode it will go lower.

When you set the unit to "FAN" you can use the +/- keys to change some settings.

DIF: allows you to set a temperature turn differential to either 2°*(default) or 1° for closer control.

FAN: sets fan mode. AUto (default mode) runs the A/C fan on High when you have a set/ambient difference of 5(?) degrees and Low when the differential is less. If you set to either HI or LO the fan is locked when the A/C is running.

Another (feature??): When fan is set in either the HI or LO mode and HEAT is called for, the A/C fan starts up along with the furnace. ONLY the fan, not the compressor. Confused yet? So was I and the dealer couldn't shed any light on it either. The thermostat manual was opaque on this point also.

If you have wither the Heat pump feature or an Aux electric heating element in the A/C unit, I think you need another model Thermostat.

I hope that this helps,
John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:15 AM   #3
geo

Dometic thermostat

Mel -

You have the fantastically confusing black-case thermostat that has the midnight timing problem Dave discovered. Press Zone to switch between main room and bedroom. I'll see if I can find my notes tonight. I believe you need to press Mode to display if it is on Cooling/Heat Pump/Furnace. Set the temperature for each Mode in each Zone. The front unit (usually Zone 2) will show only Cool/Furnace. More later. Let me know if this helps.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
DocData757

..for which the new replacements were supposed to be sent to us about this time. I have sent an email to my Keystone rep to see if she can get the latest status.

Dave
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
geo

Thanks Dave!

Thanks for your continuing follow-up on this Dometic Thermostat. Say, ask the Keystone rep if there's a user manual for this thermostat also, if you don't mind.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote