Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
Arjohn

Black water flush leak.

Well I have a 2011 Keystone sprinter and went to flush out my black water tank with the flush attachment on the back of the camper. I made sure the black water valve was open so I hooked the hose pipe to it and turned the water on. In the bathroom there is a access panel on the wall behind the toilet and water was coming out of there all over the floor. Has anyone had this problem before. Thank for the help.
Arjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

This subject has been discussed in several threads. If you search using "anti siphon valve" I'm sure you'll find enough threads to flood your senses.

Some replace the valve with a new one, some replace it with a brass one, some take it out and use an anti siphon valve at the exterior connection. What ever you decide, don't just take it out and call it good.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #3
therink

Yes, very common problem. No need to worry unless you let it run while leaking for a long time.
There are 3 possibilities that I know of:
1) Pex fittings at the anti siphon valve are loose/leaking. This happened to me during my pdi walk through at the dealer when it was brand new. Tech tightened the fittings at that time and is hasn't leaked since.
2) The valve was installed backwards (common). Remove, reverse and reinstall it.
3) The valve wasn't winterized since last year, it froze and cracked. Replace it. Can be found at HD/Lowes for under $20.

If you haven't located the valve, it is likely behind the bathroom sink up high. You will see two water lines running upward behind the sink (in addition to the hot/cold water supply for the sink faucet). Good luck.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:41 AM   #4
cw3jason

Very easy to remove and test. It is a check valve with a vent. It's called a vacuum breaker. Water pressure actuates the valve and directs it to the tank, sometimes it can get stuck, half open and closed causing a leak. Pull it out and inspect and test it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote