Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
Richard6959
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 127
Smile My new Laredo 320TG

We purchased a 2014 Laredo 320TG last month from Dixie RV in the Florida panhandle. Over all we are happy with our choice, but I do have a couple of criticisms that we noticed after our purchase.

1. There is no A/C duct or heat duct in the bathroom. With a 2nd exterior door, a skylight in the shower and a vent over the toilet, the sun really generates a lot of heat in the hot Florida sun.
2. There is no heat duct in the bunk house.
3. The aerodynamic front cap is nice, but you have to unscrew 4 knobs and remove a cover to reach the propane tanks to open and close them.
4. This unit came with 4 different keys and we found one in a cabinet that we still don't know where it goes.
5. The light switch for the kitchen / main living area is behind a cabinet door with the slide and awning switches.
6. The bunk house has a light switch but in the front bedroom you have to climb onto the queen bed and flip the switch on the light.
7. The stove hood vents... to the inside. Would have been easy to vent it out. We have a 14X14 vent in the ceiling above the stove but no fan.
8. A pocket door on the bunk house like the front bedroom would have been nice instead of a curtain. (I guess this was the solution to no heat duct)
9. The hot water heater gas/electric switch in on the wall with the tank level monitor instead of behind the cabinet door with the slide and awning switches.



Aside from that, there are many things we love about the unit.

1. The island sink with the large single basin and under sink storage.
2. The swivel T.V. that can be rotated to the front bedroom.
3. The large outdoor kitchen swing up door (although I cracked my head on hit once because I am 6'1".
4. The gas grill that attaches to the rear bumper.
5. The black tank flush
6. The fresh water tank back flow that prevent over filling the tank.
7. The free standing dinette
8. 50 amp service

Modifications

1. We don't plan to use the dinette as a bed so I unscrewed the couch and moved it about 4 inches, then unscrewed and moved one of the dinette benches so there was more room for adults to sit at the table.

2. We are adding a Fantastic fan (auto open with rain sensor) to the kitchen vent.

3. I installed a 2nd A/C with a heat coil in the bunk house. Because it only sits about 18 inches from the bathroom, I plan to cut a hole in the wall and ad a 2" duct so that we have A/C and heat in the bathroom.

4. Over the entertainment center Keystone proudly displays the name "Laredo" burnt into a wood face plate. I plan to make a name plate with our last name and screw it over the "Laredo". If and when we ever sell, I can remove our name plate and again proudly display Laredo again.

5. Thinking about a quick access hole to reach the propane tanks. Not sure about how to do that yet.
__________________
4-Bear's (Britt-Marie, Emma, Amanda, Richard)
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn, 5.7L HEMI
2014 Keystone Laredo 320TG
Richard6959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fraser Valley BC Canada
Posts: 7,015
Richard -
Pleased to hear that you are generally impressed and pleased with your new unit. There seems to be some confusion about the ducting - or lack of - in the bedroom area to allow for a 2nd A/C. In some models, the ducting is supposed to be part of a "racetrack" system while in others, there is no ducting provided for a 2nd A/C.
If you read what is standard and what is optional, it would appear that ducting for a 2nd A/C is not "standard".

It seems that the ducting issue with respect to both A/C and heat is something that needs to be addressed so that potential buyers and customers know up front what is there and what isn't.

Many RV's have gone or are moving away from venting the stove to the exterior. The designers and engineers seem to feel that the new "internal" system works but there are many reports that indicate that this new system simply blows smoke and odors back into your face.

The installation of a Fantastic Fan should help with getting rid of cooking odors and smoke around the stove and in the kitchen area.
__________________
2008 Cougar 5th Wheel 27RKS
2005 2500 GMC Duramax
Festus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
summerhummer
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlanta ga
Posts: 86
Richard,

I have the same unit and agree with much of what you have said. The pros far outweigh the cons but here are my cons.

1) I donít like the pass thru storage door on the driver side. It is a small entrance but there ain't nothing I can do about that.

2) The location of battery at the top of the A frame makes it pretty tight (if even possible) for a group 31 battery or 2 batteries.

3) No heat register in bunkhouse. Looks like that was fixed in 2015.

4) no registers or AC in the bathroom but seems like you have a solution, My AC in the bunk house doesnt have a heat strip that I can tell (Factory model).

5) I assume you have the new alpha ply roof material too. We will see how this holds up...

6) I cant find a stopper to fit the tub. I will admit I haven't looked to hard.

7) I dont have a propane hose to fit the back grill and to hook to the back propane line. (this is not a keystone thing but a dealer issue, They sent 2 wrong hoses so I just figured I would pick one up., If you have the part number please message me....

All in all I am very pleased and hope it holds up. I figure I got about 4K miles on it. Happy trails....
summerhummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
wayfun
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Central KY
Posts: 79
Glad to hear you like your new trailer. I believe the optional 2nd AC unit is supposed to be ducted. See my post on the modifications board regarding my saga with the 2nd AC ducting.

Dennis
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
summerhummer
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlanta ga
Posts: 86
good info. My vents keep it cool enough but I will surely investigate to see if I have the racetrack and if it can be connected...
summerhummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #6
mikebrls
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: west palm beach Fl
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard6959 View Post
We purchased a 2014 Laredo 320TG last month from Dixie RV in the Florida panhandle. Over all we are happy with our choice, but I do have a couple of criticisms that we noticed after our purchase.

1. There is no A/C duct or heat duct in the bathroom. With a 2nd exterior door, a skylight in the shower and a vent over the toilet, the sun really generates a lot of heat in the hot Florida sun.
2. There is no heat duct in the bunk house.
3. The aerodynamic front cap is nice, but you have to unscrew 4 knobs and remove a cover to reach the propane tanks to open and close them.
4. This unit came with 4 different keys and we found one in a cabinet that we still don't know where it goes.
5. The light switch for the kitchen / main living area is behind a cabinet door with the slide and awning switches.
6. The bunk house has a light switch but in the front bedroom you have to climb onto the queen bed and flip the switch on the light.
7. The stove hood vents... to the inside. Would have been easy to vent it out. We have a 14X14 vent in the ceiling above the stove but no fan.
8. A pocket door on the bunk house like the front bedroom would have been nice instead of a curtain. (I guess this was the solution to no heat duct)
9. The hot water heater gas/electric switch in on the wall with the tank level monitor instead of behind the cabinet door with the slide and awning switches.



Aside from that, there are many things we love about the unit.

1. The island sink with the large single basin and under sink storage.
2. The swivel T.V. that can be rotated to the front bedroom.
3. The large outdoor kitchen swing up door (although I cracked my head on hit once because I am 6'1".
4. The gas grill that attaches to the rear bumper.
5. The black tank flush
6. The fresh water tank back flow that prevent over filling the tank.
7. The free standing dinette
8. 50 amp service

Modifications

1. We don't plan to use the dinette as a bed so I unscrewed the couch and moved it about 4 inches, then unscrewed and moved one of the dinette benches so there was more room for adults to sit at the table.

2. We are adding a Fantastic fan (auto open with rain sensor) to the kitchen vent.

3. I installed a 2nd A/C with a heat coil in the bunk house. Because it only sits about 18 inches from the bathroom, I plan to cut a hole in the wall and ad a 2" duct so that we have A/C and heat in the bathroom.

4. Over the entertainment center Keystone proudly displays the name "Laredo" burnt into a wood face plate. I plan to make a name plate with our last name and screw it over the "Laredo". If and when we ever sell, I can remove our name plate and again proudly display Laredo again.

5. Thinking about a quick access hole to reach the propane tanks. Not sure about how to do that yet.
How does your 1500 Ram handle this load , and what kind of gross weight and tong weight are you at ?

thank u
mike
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #7
Richard6959
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 127
Mike, we have only driven 100 miles to get it home, but it was raining hard and the wind was blowing. The 1500 towed the 7800 pounds of dry weight with ease. I am estimating that we will put 750 pounds in it, I don't ever plan to run with full fresh/grey/black tanks. The tong weight from the factory is 900 but we will add a couple more I imagine. The Ram is rated at 9900 pounds towing, and it does squat when we are hooked up. For $100 I purchased a set of Air lift 1000 air helper springs that have good reviews. They arrive tomorrow so I hope to get them installed right away to reduce the sagging.

Some would argue that the 36 feet behind me is too much for the truck. But I am happy with it so far. Its not for everyone, but it can be done safely. I have been driving big things for 20 years so I feel I have enough experience to get me safely down the road.
__________________
4-Bear's (Britt-Marie, Emma, Amanda, Richard)
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn, 5.7L HEMI
2014 Keystone Laredo 320TG
Richard6959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #8
johnm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 19
Richard,

We picked up our 291TG this spring and I think I could have written the same pros and cons that you did except the 291TG doesn't have a kitchen island. For the life of me I can't figure out why they put the main lighting, slide and awning switches behind that glass door. I have whacked my head several times (open cupboard door, operate awning, peek outside to make sure awning not hitting something that I didn't see, come back inside and whack head, say cus words in a hushed voice and get on with it!). I'm wondering if the two glass paneled doors can be cut down and shifted over and centered to cover only the storage part and not the switch part??? It might look of center but I don't know if it would look too bad???

I removed the outside cooktop (only 6500 btu's/burner) and adapted my Coleman cooktop (11,000 btu's/burner) to work with the camper. It's REALLY nice!

I removed the outside grill and adapted my Weber Q200 to work off the campers propane quick disconnect line by removing the Q's regulator. I no longer have to carry my extra 20# tank with me ... yea!

I also hated having 3 different keys for the rig so I did a little research and figured out how to rekey everything so now I only have one key for the entire camper. All up all in it cost me around maybe $40.

John
johnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
Richard6959
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 127
John, so far I have not whacked my head on the cabinet door as I move back and forth to check the awning, but I have whacked myself a couple times on the head by running into the outside kitchen door when its open. Its just high enough to not see if your looking down, but low enough to catch you in the forehead.

Never thought about moving the glass doors, certainly something to consider.

The kitchen island is great for extra storage, but when the slides are in its impassable to get from the front to the rear. Good thing there is a 2nd door!
__________________
4-Bear's (Britt-Marie, Emma, Amanda, Richard)
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn, 5.7L HEMI
2014 Keystone Laredo 320TG
Richard6959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #10
Brian T
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Goshen, NY
Posts: 24
320TG Awning

We are currently looking at the 320TG and I was wondering if you guy's have any issue with the awning rubbing on the kitchen slide? It seems like a very close fit and when preparing for wind or rain could have a tough time getting it low and angled enough. We are also considering the 303TG, but my wife really likes the island set up of the 320.

Thanks
Brian T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:49 AM   #11
summerhummer
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlanta ga
Posts: 86
Hello,
I have had no problem with the awning on the 320 TG hitting the kitchen slide. Although I don't recall that I ever had the awning up in rain where it had to be angled down steeply. I will say that you need to watch the front door when letting the awning out. if the door is midway open it will catch.
summerhummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #12
Brian T
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Goshen, NY
Posts: 24
320tg

Thanks for the reply. So you are happy with the 320 overall? We like how much counter space the island sink seams to give.
Brian T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:26 AM   #13
summerhummer
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlanta ga
Posts: 86
Hello,
I am very happy with the 320 TG it is a beast (read long and wide) but it is very easy to control and mines tows like a dream. I was dissatisfied there was no heat ducks in the back bunk house but I fixed that by adding one right at the bottom of the pantry behind the furnace. 2015 models have a heat register in the floor. I would say the only complaint I had was heat. I had an old school TT and that thing pumped out mega heat not like these newer units. If I had my druthers I would want to be able to walk around the bed, but on this unit you can only walk the sides of the bed due to the pocket door and the big mattress. I am digging the new colors they come in though. Please read my review if you had not already that sums it up and nothing has changed.

I have had one issue and that is the inside range hood vent stopped working Not a keystone issue but an appliance issue. The light works but the fan wont move anymore. Its probably an easy fix just hard to get to. Best of luck in whatever you decided. PM me if you have more questions.

BTW I was originally looking at the 316BIK but I think this does all it does at a lower weight and now I appreciate not towing around all that Sprinter 316BIK weight and having 2 entrances to the front bedroom.
summerhummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:28 AM   #14
Brian T
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Goshen, NY
Posts: 24
Thqnks

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerhummer View Post
Hello,
I am very happy with the 320 TG it is a beast (read long and wide) but it is very easy to control and mines tows like a dream. I was dissatisfied there was no heat ducks in the back bunk house but I fixed that by adding one right at the bottom of the pantry behind the furnace. 2015 models have a heat register in the floor. I would say the only complaint I had was heat. I had an old school TT and that thing pumped out mega heat not like these newer units. If I had my druthers I would want to be able to walk around the bed, but on this unit you can only walk the sides of the bed due to the pocket door and the big mattress. I am digging the new colors they come in though. Please read my review if you had not already that sums it up and nothing has changed.

I have had one issue and that is the inside range hood vent stopped working Not a keystone issue but an appliance issue. The light works but the fan wont move anymore. Its probably an easy fix just hard to get to. Best of luck in whatever you decided. PM me if you have more questions.

BTW I was originally looking at the 316BIK but I think this does all it does at a lower weight and now I appreciate not towing around all that Sprinter 316BIK weight and having 2 entrances to the front bedroom.
Thank you, that helps us out!
Brian T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:58 PM   #15
hemisareslow
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 54
We just picked up our new 320TG and love it!! The only thing I see as an issue is I noticed today that the heat vent in the rear bunk house puts out a ton of air and heat...while the duct in the floor of the kitchen and front bed room have very little air flow. They feel warm to the touch, but not very much air coming out. Any ideas on how to fix that? I'm not even sure how to go about getting a closer look at the duct work under the floor. Any help would be appreciated. Mike
hemisareslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:16 PM   #16
summerhummer
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlanta ga
Posts: 86
For every action there is a reaction...... On mine prior to my mod, the kitchen. Vent was real strong and the front bedroom had just a hint of air flow... Since I added the bunk room vent I hadn't really rechecked the kitchen vent to see if the air flow decreased. I complained to the selling and servicing dealer about the front bedroom air flow. I think they do the kleenex test. If the air flow can keep a kleenex afloat, that meets the airflow standard.. I have not dug below the chloroplast yet to see what the duct work looks like. The new camper is very modern but my old suburban furnace on my old TT put out a lot more heat than this moderern one.... I never had to put that older thermostat to the max. In the Laredo it stays at the max. Actually not really, i got smart and supplement with a. Big buddy heater and it does the job and is much quiter... I hope you have better luck...
summerhummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #17
Brian T
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Goshen, NY
Posts: 24
Picking up 320

Well we are making the journey this week to go and pick up our new 320TG. Hopefully we will have as good of luck as everyone else!
Brian T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:34 AM   #18
hemisareslow
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Well we are making the journey this week to go and pick up our new 320TG. Hopefully we will have as good of luck as everyone else!
Where are you going to get it?
hemisareslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #19
Brian T
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Goshen, NY
Posts: 24
320

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemisareslow View Post
Where are you going to get it?
We ended up getting it at Holman Motors in Batavia, OH. Great experience! Very happy with the trailer so far. Towed awesome for the 12 our ride home.
Brian T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #20
hemisareslow
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 54
Nice...got mine at RV wholesalers in lakeville OH....i was also impressed at how well it towed on the 6 hour trip home
__________________
2015 Laredo 320TG with Equalizer Hitch
2008 Chevy 3500HD SRW DURAMAX 7" BDS Suspension lift 37" Toyo Open Country R/T's Suncoast Stage 6 trans, suncoast 1058 converter, Lance 4" down pipe, 4" turbo back exhaust, Banks intake, PPE trans cooler, FASS 150 Lift pump, EFI Live Tuning by Idao Rob
hemisareslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
320tg, a/c, laredo, modifications

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.