1st Camping Trip
After 4 months with the TT sitting in the driveway, we finally went RV'ing. 170 mile haul to the Tyndall AFB FamCamp right outside Panama City, FL. Nice big shaded sites, probably 90% full. Plan to stay there for a month or two. The landing pattern for the jets is right by the RV camp, it can get noisy a few times a day. Those F-22 Raptors are awesome. And loud.
Couple of newbie mistakes/observations:
1) MAKE SURE both valves are fully closed before unscrewing the cap to install the slinky. Or wear a pair of shoes you don't particularly like. Fortunately, no Baby Ruth's were involved.
2) Had to round up some cinder blocks for the back two stabilizers. Sandy soil, had to tighten the stabilizers about once a day.
3) So glad I got the TT with 50 amps and added a 2nd a/c. During the day we run the front a/c to cut down the noise in the rear living area, at bedtime we run the back a/c unit for the same reason.
4) The hard-wired PI EMS I added was very helpful in monitoring the amp loading. Keystone did a good job splitting the load between the two 50 amp legs. I ran both a/c's, water heater, microwave, and a hair dryer to test the system, and no breakers popped. 25 and 28 amps on each leg.
5) Drove (w/o TT) to Pensacola Beach for Mothers Day weekend (son was vacationing there). Don't take hiway 98 unless you have lots of time and patience. About 100 stop lights in 110 miles, took over 3 hours each way.
6) Visited the Oak Grove RV park at Pensacola NAS. Looks nice, may give it a try before the summer is over.
All-in-all we learned a lot. I think we're going to like RV'ing. Had two maint. issues, one with the cable/antenna hookup, another with the HW temp (on Elec. only) that I will post as separate threads.
and Trudy the Brittany Spaniel
AKA "Chubby Dog"
2013 Laredo 308RE TT
'06 Ram 2500 CTD AT