Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
Gordc

2015 Hideout RLDS with east package

I just picked up my 2015 Hideout with the east package included.

From what I read this should be included in my package

•Exterior Shower
•Spare Tire and Carrier
•Tri-Fold Sleeper Sofa
•Rear Ladder
•15,000 BTU Air Conditioner
•Two Additional Stabilizer Jacks
•Gas/Electric DSI Water Heater
•Freestanding Dinette (Select Models)

The trailer came with all the above except for the rear ladder and the spare tire and carrier. The dealer said they were additional options.

I am not sure if the dealer took these when the trailer was delivered or if it was extra options I didn't pay for.

when I look on the Keystone web site it does says options but does not make it clear if you pick and choose or if you select the east package it includes all.

Anyone know if I am being ripped off by the dealer?
Gordc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Gord -
A few members have been caught with these types of surprises. If you check carefully, Keystone reserves the right to make last-minute changes to their units. What you see in the glossy brochure or online isn't always what you get after placing your order with the dealer. At some point, someone at Keystone decides that they will change this or add that and since they can't change what is already pictured in the brochure, the end product differs from the photo.
Their website doesn't always reflect these last-minute changes either. One would think that it would be fairly easy to ensure that their website is up-to-date but apparently it isn't always that way.
I am surprised that there was no spare tire with your Hideout. I've never heard of a spare tire being an "option" but it may be.
It might be an idea to check again with your dealer as well as an email or phone call to the Keystone's Customer Service Department to see if what your dealer is telling you is the same message you get from Keystone.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
Gordc

Thanks for your reply, my dealer told me tt never come with a spare tire it's always a $199 option. I think I will call Keystone with my vin to see what was shipped with the trailer.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
TandE

Both my hideout and my cougar came with a spare tire and so does every trailer on my dealers lot. The only difference is that the cougar came with a cover for the tire. But I am in the west so that could be the difference.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is just trying to make up for having discounted prices on trailers before they start getting the 15's in.

Could be wrong though.

Travis
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
fla-gypsy

I think the spare tire should be part of the deal. The ladder is useless junk anyway
Old 05-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordc View Post
Thanks for your reply, my dealer told me tt never come with a spare tire it's always a $199 option. I think I will call Keystone with my vin to see what was shipped with the trailer.
The next time you are at the dealers, have a look at other similar Hideouts that are on the lot to see if they have a spare tire and a ladder.

I just checked my build sheet (Keystone's Systems Checks-Dealer Rep) that came with the unit and there is a spare tire in addition to 4 others listed on the sheet. Ours is also a "western" edition but it is strange that there could be a spare included in the western version but not in the east.

What does it say on your build sheet about tires??
Old 05-13-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
Gordc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
The next time you are at the dealers, have a look at other similar Hideouts that are on the lot to see if they have a spare tire and a ladder.

I just checked the build sheet (Keystone's Systems Checks-Dealer Rep) and there is a spare tire in addition to 4 others. Ours is also a "western" edition but it is strange that there could be a spare included in the western version but not in the east.

What does it say on your build sheet about tires??
I got a bill of sale when I picked up the trailer but didn't get a build sheet!
I'll be stopping by the dealer tomorrow and request it.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordc View Post
I got a bill of sale when I picked up the trailer but didn't get a build sheet!
I'll be stopping by the dealer tomorrow and request it.
It should be in the owner's packet with the manual, all the instructions for each of the appliances, etc. It's a yellow "multi-page" form that is usually barely readable, but it will tell you the type, size and brand of all the tires as well as all the other equipment. Check the owner's packet for a yellow single page sheet. It wasn't a part of the financial/purchase between you and the dealer, this comes directly from Keystone in that packet.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #9
GaryWT

Good luck, I have never seen a trailer without a spare tire, that is nuts. If a ladder was there and removed you would see holes that were filled in.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:42 PM   #10
KanTC

Gordc (& all)

Hold on guys, don't tar & feather the dealer just yet!! <LOL>

That list of 8 items are indeed OPTIONS... *not standard features*, so they would NOT be included on the trailer unless ordered/purchased.
The Hideout line is one of the select few that doesn't INCLUDE a spare, unless ordered by the dealer/buyer (as an option). http://www.keystonerv.com/hideout/#/options
So, in this particular instance the dealer is correct.

Terri <see me ducking & running>
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:04 AM   #11
murphysranch

Our 24' hideout came with a tire and a ladder. But it didn't come with the countertop extension nor the 3rd drawer, as shown in the brochures, listed on the sheet and on their website.
murphysranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #12
GaryWT

Strange how they will include a package but pick and choose what is included in the package trailer by trailer. Maybe it comes down to what is in stock the day the trailer is built. You get a drawer, you get a spare, you get a ladder. Hope the tires are not options as they will send out the trailers with only 3 lol.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #13
Gordc

Haha! I did call Keystone and it is an option on that trailer. So I didn't get scammed. But I did move the chair on the left side of my trailer to find that someone must have put the slide in without moving the chair back and put it through the wall and cracked the panel and didn't say anything! I took it back to the dealer and lost it. They installed a cover over the skylight for me free of charge, told me they will order a new wall panel and no matter where the trailer is they will come to me and do the repair. This is my very first TT and not impressed!