Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
cjac32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 18
2013 Springdale 267BHSSRWE

My wife and I just purchased a Springdale . We were wondering if anyone is familar with this model and there thoughts on it? We looked at many units before deciding on the TT. Just want to make suee this was money well spent. We were first rime buyers.
__________________
CCR
2013 Springdale 267BHSSRWE
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
cjac32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team
 
JRTJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gaylord
Posts: 21,636
Well, there's two ways to look at your purchase: It's a good purchase, or it's a not so good purchase. At this point, even if it's not "money well spent" it's sort of late to undo the purchase.

You say you looked at many units before deciding to buy your Springdale. So, apparently you've compared floorplans and pricing and decided on the Springdale. Somewhere in your decision process, the "good things" about your Springdale rose to the top over the "other things" in the rest of the trailers you considered.

Springdale is an "entry level" RV constructed with a wooden frame. That's the way most RV's were built in the past. Even some early motorhomes were constructed with wooden framework in the walls and ceiling. Open Road's "Americana" series in the mid 70's was built that way.

The appliances, plumbing, electrical, windows, hardware are all pretty much the same as the "high end" RV's. The difference is mainly in types of cabinets, cushions, upholstery, carpet/vinyl flooring and somewhat in "fit and finish". However, our Springdale seemed to be very well constructed and almost everything fit well and remained "tight and connected" throughout the 4 years we used it.

At this point in your purchase, it's pretty much a moot point in whether you "got a good deal" or "is it a good investment". You've bought it, it is already "your investment" so enjoy it and stop trying to second guess the transaction. You can't undo it, so start looking forward to using it rather than backwards and freting about it.

Good luck,
__________________
John



2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
cjac32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Well, there's two ways to look at your purchase: It's a good purchase, or it's a not so good purchase. At this point, even if it's not "money well spent" it's sort of late to undo the purchase.

You say you looked at many units before deciding to buy your Springdale. So, apparently you've compared floorplans and pricing and decided on the Springdale. Somewhere in your decision process, the "good things" about your Springdale rose to the top over the "other things" in the rest of the trailers you considered.

Springdale is an "entry level" RV constructed with a wooden frame. That's the way most RV's were built in the past. Even some early motorhomes were constructed with wooden framework in the walls and ceiling. Open Road's "Americana" series in the mid 70's was built that way.

The appliances, plumbing, electrical, windows, hardware are all pretty much the same as the "high end" RV's. The difference is mainly in types of cabinets, cushions, upholstery, carpet/vinyl flooring and somewhat in "fit and finish". However, our Springdale seemed to be very well constructed and almost everything fit well and remained "tight and connected" throughout the 4 years we used it.

At this point in your purchase, it's pretty much a moot point in whether you "got a good deal" or "is it a good investment". You've bought it, it is already "your investment" so enjoy it and stop trying to second guess the transaction. You can't undo it, so start looking forward to using it rather than backwards and freting about it.

Good luck,
Thank you the reply. It's good to hear that your TT has held up. I was really just wanting to know if there were any issues that I should keep an eye out on the Springdale line. I did a lot of web searching before we purchased but could find a lot on the Springdale. I know that if I look hard enough you'll find people complaining about their TT. I'll guess it's good that there hasn't been a lot of complaints regarding the Springdale, people are just enjoying the trailer.
The only problem that we have had was on the second trip the slide-out didn't work. Turns out I blew a fuse on the first trip bringing it back in. Don't ask how long it took me to figure that out, kind of embarrassing. Now I have many extra fuses in my tool box.

Thanks,
CCR
__________________
CCR
2013 Springdale 267BHSSRWE
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
cjac32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
Jables
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 80
I have the 267srt, which is basically the same thing except for bigger tires and shocks and more checker plate. I like it, the only issue I've had is the led that indicates whether the solar panel is charging has burned out. Also the pilot in the oven needed some tweaking. Add a memory foam to the mattress and go camping!
Jables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
cjac32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
I have the 267srt, which is basically the same thing except for bigger tires and shocks and more checker plate. I like it, the only issue I've had is the led that indicates whether the solar panel is charging has burned out. Also the pilot in the oven needed some tweaking. Add a memory foam to the mattress and go camping!
So far everything seems to be working as it should, only taken the TT out on three short trips. Lots of fun! Your right about the mattress it's brutal, my wife is shopping as we speak for a memory foam topper.

Thanks for your feedback.
__________________
CCR
2013 Springdale 267BHSSRWE
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
cjac32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
Jables
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 80
We picked up the Costco topper and cut it down to fit. Big difference.
Jables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
Barryman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ventura, Ca.
Posts: 21
Hi Cjac,
We purchased the Springdale 276BHSSR this year. We have taken in out about 6 times so far with no problems. We too took many times looking over other TT's in this class but came to the conclusions that for my wife and kids, this was the best bang for the buck. Who knows, after the kids are grown maybe a 5th?
Barryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:17 AM   #8
TheSweetLife
Member
 
TheSweetLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hershey, PA
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjac32 View Post
Thank you the reply. It's good to hear that your TT has held up. I was really just wanting to know if there were any issues that I should keep an eye out on the Springdale line. I did a lot of web searching before we purchased but could find a lot on the Springdale. I know that if I look hard enough you'll find people complaining about their TT. I'll guess it's good that there hasn't been a lot of complaints regarding the Springdale, people are just enjoying the trailer.
The only problem that we have had was on the second trip the slide-out didn't work. Turns out I blew a fuse on the first trip bringing it back in. Don't ask how long it took me to figure that out, kind of embarrassing. Now I have many extra fuses in my tool box.

Thanks,
CCR
We have a similar trailer, 282 bhssr. We LOVE our trailer. We camp every other weekend and just returned from a 3 week trip from the beach. Aside from personal modifications I've made to the trailer we have only experienced one problem. The front power stabilization jack has been acting up. It's currently under warranty, so when this season is done we will take it in. Reason I'm waiting is because I'm not done camping this season and don't want to be without my trailer.

All things considered we knew we were getting an "entry level" trailer when we went with the Springdale. That being said, when I'm camping we have many friends stop by who have "high end" 5wheels and they love the Springdale. The Springdale fit our budget and also had the best floor plan for what we were looking for.

Best advice I can give is once you buy a trailer, don't look at other trailers because you will always find something else you wish you had. Of course if money isn't a factor look all you want!!

Enjoy!
__________________
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 343FWBH
2007 Chevy 3500 DRW Duaramax 8 foot bed
TheSweetLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #9
Jables
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 80
We looked at the 282 bhssr. We both really liked the layout and space. Just a little bit of a stretch for my F150 though. Nice unit.
Jables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
cabinfever
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 441
We bought the 303BHSSR this spring. IMO, the quality for dollars spent is very good! On the construction side, aluminum over wood is over rated...IMO. Fiberglass outer shell over aluminum, both have their issues also. As for the inside appliances, furniture, and finish we looked at many TT, 5ers, and class A coaches. I was surprised to find how much the same they are on the inside. Follow all the maintenance schedules and I think you will have a good unit for a long time. Enjoy
__________________

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #11
kimrb266
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24
I don't consider the "Springdale" line of RV's "Entry Level". They are very nicely made and fancy in our book. We came from tent trailers & hybrids, now they are Entry Level.

We purchased a 2012 Springdale last Oct and have gone on a couple trips and have enjoyed the perks we aren't used to.

If you are happy with your purchase then that's all that matters. Enjoy your trailer for many years and see the beautiful USA.
kimrb266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
marknfld
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3
Has anyone here had any issues with water leaking in through the front storage compartment???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marknfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
Barryman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ventura, Ca.
Posts: 21
Well, being that we are in southern CA, i haven't experienced any rain yet. He he.....will look though when it rains
Barryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #14
theeyres
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Posts: 782
Our former Springdale remains one of our favorites. After getting off the road full-timing we spent months looking for another used Springdale. We just couldn't find one with a floor plan we liked so ended with a Hideout, which is very similar. In my book, the Springdale, with it's wood frame and aluminum siding is amongst the best. You won't find horror stories about delamination--which is very prevalent in entry level filon sided trailers. Maybe the mod thing is filon and aluminum framing, but I don't think there is any indication that that is better. You've got a great trailer--enjoy it. You won't regret it.
__________________
Earl

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #15
Retired_Jim
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 36
water leak

Yes, my springdale storage compartment door leaked, but a $4.00 roll of self adhesive rubber weather sealing fixed the problem.
__________________

2006 GMC Yukon XL
2010 Keystone Springdale 266RLSSR
Retired_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.