Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
f6bits

Outside music…taking a deep breath

I know that many campgrounds have rules against playing music that can be heard beyond your campsite, but I rarely find that to be enforced. Even when it's people who set up outdoor stereo systems.

Am I the only one it bothers? Maybe it's because I have a hard time tuning stuff out, but it's been getting on my nerves lately. I don't seem to have a problem with the usual campground noises, but when it comes to music, it just…doesn't…stop. Hour after hour of non-stop tunes.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
brandon.delaney

music in the campground

Take a chill pill...that always helps! Vacation is too short for frustration. Just kindly ask your neighbors to turn the music down! Most people are not out to make your day miserable, just trying to have a good time, and music creates atmosphere.

2013 Bullet 246RBS
2008 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT 4.7L V8 with aftermarket 28000 GVWR Transmission Cooler, and Tow Package

Previous Campers:
1982 Jayco J-Series 2450
2004 Fleetwood Caravan Micro-Lite 25FQ
brandon.delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6bits View Post
I know that many campgrounds have rules against playing music that can be heard beyond your campsite, but I rarely find that to be enforced. Even when it's people who set up outdoor stereo systems.

Am I the only one it bothers? Maybe it's because I have a hard time tuning stuff out, but it's been getting on my nerves lately. I don't seem to have a problem with the usual campground noises, but when it comes to music, it just…doesn't…stop. Hour after hour of non-stop tunes.
LIVE ON THE EDGE !!!! Next time you go camping, drink your beer without a red solo cup to hide the contents. Let everyone knows what you're drinking <wink>

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
curlyfungirl

Imagine trying to enjoy the beauty of Yellowstone. You are with your family trying to enjoy the warm water of one of the main rivers. All of a sudden a car load of Californians pull up and whip out the speakers. Thump a thump a thump goes the beauty of the afternoon.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
Essness

I agree all the way around. Although I find it unfortunate that anyone should ever have to ask anyone to turn down their music any place.

Maybe next time it happens, just head over and ask if you can use there toilet. I mean as long as we're all partying together I think it's only fair that the sharing move to the next level
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
diugo
Permanent User Ban

Not bothered at all by outdoor music at campgrounds. Probably because I avoid campgrounds like the plague
diugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyfungirl View Post
Imagine trying to enjoy the beauty of Yellowstone. You are with your family trying to enjoy the warm water of one of the main rivers. All of a sudden a car load of Californians pull up and whip out the speakers. Thump a thump a thump goes the beauty of the afternoon.
Hmmmmm Don't "Californicate" Yellowstone???? I wonder if it would be better accepted if they were from Oregon? or Washington? or maybe from "back East????? LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
theeyres

I'm too old to put up with it anymore. I don't hesitate to ask them to turn it down. They almost always do with apologies. At one cg, the stereos were rampant during the day. We gave it up and left a day early. Now we tend to stay at more senior oriented cgs, at least on the weekends. They don't seem to be a problem.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeyres View Post
I'm too old to put up with it anymore. I don't hesitate to ask them to turn it down. They almost always do with apologies. At one cg, the stereos were rampant during the day. We gave it up and left a day early. Now we tend to stay at more senior oriented cgs, at least on the weekends. They don't seem to be a problem.
Unless you get some "spry old maid" with a passion for "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" or even the "Les Brown Band of Renoun" LOL sometimes "them old ladies" can get pretty "funky"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
ctpd814

Many people use camping as a way to get together with friends and family. They often times don't realize they are bothering anyone. Many of them are not "regular" campers. I have found that by being polite and talking to them, the matter is quickly resolved(often with them offering a beer to make up for for it). I believe with the internet and reviews, you should know if you are going to a party spot.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:34 AM   #11
crash

2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #12
jsmith948

If I had any say, I would ban all outdoor speakers on RVs. We go camping to relax and spend some time just enjoying the quiet. To have someone crank up their brand of music so the entire loop can hear it is beyond inconsiderate.
Isn't that what headphones/earbuds are for?
As for the statement "a bunch of Californians" is concerned - well - not all Californians are inconsiderate slobs - thank you very much!

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith948 View Post
As for the statement "a bunch of Californians" is concerned - well - not all Californians are inconsiderate slobs - thank you very much!
I second that

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #14
Javi

I disconnected the outside speakers on our first trip so that they wouldn't get used even by accident. If I want to listen to music I'll go inside.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #15
filmtex
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyfungirl View Post
imagine trying to enjoy the beauty of yellowstone. You are with your family trying to enjoy the warm water of one of the main rivers. All of a sudden a car load of californians pull up and whip out the speakers. Thump a thump a thump goes the beauty of the afternoon.
Post deleted because of redundancy. I'm with jsmith948.
filmtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #16
TandE

I agree that listening to your music loud enough for others to hear in my opinion is rude. I do however use my outside speakers fairly often but have them at a level where even I can barely hear it when im outside so hopefully the neighbors dont hear it at all unless they come close to our area by walking by.

But I am prepared to shut if off or turn it down more if someone does complain about it. I guess I dont know why I do it then.
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #17
campingcpl

We use our outdoor speakers quit often but we always try to be considerate of the other campers around us and keep the volume low enough for us to hear it. Unfortunately the sociaty we live in today is not all that considerate of other people. This not only applies to camping but even in our every day lives. Being polite, having proper manors (saying please, thank you, excuse me, etc.) has made way for the me first attitude of people and the only person that counts is me attitude. It's a shame that our sociaty has come to this. Growing up I was always taught to have respect for others be it person, property, etc.. What happen to those days? Do parents not teach this anymore or is it people just don't care anymore? Sorry for getting on my soap box but this is a subject that my wife and are very sensitive about.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #18
azlee56

I love music (country, folk, light music) but I really try to keep it down. I don't have outside speakers and sometimes wish I did. I try to be very polite though and will always ask if something is too loud.

We go camping with a group that at times I am horrified with the behavior and infact have convinced the BF to go with me alone and have some fun. This group thinks is fun to be LOUD and obnoxious. Specially this one lady. ugggg
Old 07-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #19
Essness

In addition to my previous post, its important to note that I do have outdoor speakers. I use them all the time. No one but us hears the music unless you walk up on our camper.
I like having the music playing while we have a fire or eat outside. But it is what I like, not what everyone likes.
Nothing annoys me more than pulling in to a site and someone else has decided what I'm going to listen to for the day, weekend, or even an hour.
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #20
dandjh1958

When we first bought our TT we were in heaven sitting inside watching a wonderful movie in our rocking chairs in front of the bay window.
After a while, I used the bathroom and noticed I could hear the movie better in there than sitting in the living room. I pressed my ear against the wall the realized the outside speakers where on!
It took us a little while to figure out that the system when first turned on turns all speakers (A-B-C) on and you have to turn only A on if you want it inside only.
C is our outside speakers and I haven't figured out what B speakers are..... maybe next trip!

I do love listening to music while sitting outside but I also keep it as low as possible so my neighbors aren't subjected to the 70's hits I love to listen to.
Heck... my DH doesn't even like listening to my music so I know my neighbors would object!!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote