Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
Jables

Weird, I've put Mobil ATF +4 in every Chrysler I've built for the 10 or so years it's been out. Never had a problem. I agree the additive pack may not be exactly the same as Chryslers, but lets not forget that Mopar isn't an oil company either.
Jables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
davidjsimons

MoPar isn't an oil company but they do have their own engineers and the MoPar fluid is crafted to the exact speciations for the tolerances of their units. It is a matter of experience and comfort that prompts me to continue the use of nothing but MoPar fluid for heavy to severe duty use of an automatic transmission. The Mobil fluid may well serve you well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
zuley

I was merely suggesting if you own a goat make sure you use Plus 4 in the transmission and not some gereric "one bottle fits all" product. The same goes for your Ford or GM product. And as far as Mobil/ Mopar, I suspect they are the same product in the bottle as Imperial up until recently packaged the Mopar product. Unfortunately we have switched to Penzoil recently.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #24
IA Farmer

Excellent find. Truck looks very clean, and the stance looks good. But don't expect great mileage for a while as I am alomst certain you won't be able to keep your right foot off the go pedel.
IA Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #25
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
Weird, I've put Mobil ATF +4 in every Chrysler I've built for the 10 or so years it's been out. Never had a problem. I agree the additive pack may not be exactly the same as Chryslers, but lets not forget that Mopar isn't an oil company either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjsimons View Post
MoPar isn't an oil company but they do have their own engineers and the MoPar fluid is crafted to the exact speciations for the tolerances of their units. It is a matter of experience and comfort that prompts me to continue the use of nothing but MoPar fluid for heavy to severe duty use of an automatic transmission. The Mobil fluid may well serve you well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuley View Post
I was merely suggesting if you own a goat make sure you use Plus 4 in the transmission and not some gereric "one bottle fits all" product. The same goes for your Ford or GM product. And as far as Mobil/ Mopar, I suspect they are the same product in the bottle as Imperial up until recently packaged the Mopar product. Unfortunately we have switched to Penzoil recently.
Just to add a thought to these comments. There is no MOPAR, Toyota, FoMoCo, or Yamalube refinery.

Roughly 50% of "my big evil oil company" revenue is from "Unbranded Marketing"-> IE - Joe-Bob's gas station, Car Manufacturer Brand Oil.

"We" are one of the largest refiners in the US. I suspect that the other major big evil oil company revenue stream is similar.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:58 AM   #26
davidjsimons

I've had the same experience with PTO pumps on my John Deere and New Holland equipment. Use something other than Hy-Gaurd in a John Deere or 134A in a New Holland, and you will be buying a pump in your near future. John Deere nor New Holland are oil companies but their fluids are system matched to the tolerances of their units.

davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote