Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2020, 03:10 PM   #1
Manley845

Electrical and Plumbing help

I have a 2004 Keystone Cougar 294RLS
I’m new to Travel Trailers, and have quickly found that there is absolutely zero information available regarding the mechanics of travel-trailers and the like.

So, I’m hoping you all could help me with pics or links to any general info, pics, anything, that will help me get a general idea of what-goes-to-where.
I know that pretty much everything in between point “A” and “B” is a complete jumble-phoock, but if I can get an idea what points “A” and “B” look like, I’ll be better able to actually do repairs and maintenance on my camper.
Manley845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:23 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

There are no schematics for RV’s and as a tech that has worked on 1000’s of them I can tell you no 2 are the exact same except for what the owner/customer sees. I have often wondered if there was any rhyme or reason to how the factory puts them together, only to surmise that they do whatever to keep the line moving.

If you have any specific issues, post it on this web site and I can assure you it will be answered quickly. If you want to “explore” feel free to remove panels and look, just be prepared to see a mess

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:40 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Manley845, Welcome! Good to see guys with newer campers join the forum. I have a 2002. BTW: Since you will be asking a LOT of questions, go to the UserCP and the signature part and put your camper year, make and model and the same stuff for your tow vehicle. Will save a lot of time when folks answer.

As far as info, there is TONS of it out there. First place to look is youtube.com as SOMEONE has done a video on what you want info or repair help on. ALL campers are fairly similar in their nuts and bolts so don't be afraid to look at a model a bit different than yours. First words you will want to look for are DICOR and pex. Check for any signs of water damage on the inside and then head up to the roof with a tube(s) of self leveling Dicor and make sure you don't have any leaks (biggest camper downfall). Your roof will likely look a little gray/black in areas (or maybe the whole thing). This is the rubber where the white pigment has gone from age. It won't leak as long as you maintain it.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, plumbing