Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2020, 05:48 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

In my lifetime I've had 3 furnace control boards replaced; one a week ago on a new HC. They were all under warranty and OE. I've not had one fail after replacement but who knows; maybe the replacement OE boards are Dinosaur boards rebadged? ... I will say I have to take this one out and put it through its paces for several days since I've not been able to.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:01 PM   #22
Fuzion1278

Just another Dometic Failure

OK, add me to the list of Keystone, (2018 Fuzion Toy Hauler), campers who's Dometic unit works for a day or so then locks out after trial for ignition. Same mechanic two different times said the sail switch "hangs up' periodically and will not make. He said he thinks it's because our unit is mounted "on its side". This is an approved mounting position according to Dometic. I have an extended warranty through a Jayco dealer so it's going back to a local Jayco dealer with the instructions that I don't want it back until it's fixed. I am going to try to push them to install a pressure differential switch instead of this cheap sail switch. They probably will not because it is not an approved repair but I am in the HVAC business and I know the pressure differential switch will be a much better air proving device than a cheap sail switch. I would do it myself but as one member noted, getting to this unit is through the underbelly, removing every air hose, gas fitting, electrical fitting, over water lines while lying on your belly. I just do not have time for this!

Others thoughts?
Fuzion1278 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, furnace