Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #1
dannx

Dish tailgater satalite help

I am having issues trying to set up satellite, from my understanding there are splitters in the trailer somewhere and power can not travel to satellite with the splitter in line. I have a hideout 281dbs and trying to get the walley set up to be able to use it in living room bedroom and outside. Does anyone have any ideas.

Also what are the coax jumper behind the tv in living area for
dannx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
Wyldfire

Do you have an input that says sat prep? If so MAYBE one of the two sides of jumper will work. On my Cougar it is the top one. Keystone it seems used incompatible splitters in 2017. My dealer replaced it and have had no problems since. Best advice is to tun coax from door to Wally and see if you can find Sats. If you do unhook from Wally and hook up to sat input. Remove jumper and run coax from one of the outputs to Wally. If it doesn't connect try other side of jumper. Make sure amplifier is off.
Wyldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:06 AM   #3
Rber1234

My TT isn't wired for sat prep but all I had to do was connect to outside cable connection and run a coaxial cable to my VIP211z receiver from the jumper connector that Wyldfire talked about. Then ran the HDMI cable from receiver to Tv. As far as the outside Tv that would require you to run a HDMI cable to that Tv for it to work off of the one receiver you have. I have two outputs off my Tailgater so I run another coaxial cable from it to another 211z receiver I have for the outside Tv. Both Tv's are still wired to the TT's OTA antenna also without any problems.
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:31 AM   #4
SJH

Make sure you have RG6 cables from the rv to the walley and you are connected to the rv at a line dedicated to sat for that tv. Using the cable/antenna connection on the rv will not work for sat.....due to the splitters in the line. Assuming you have more than one tv in your rig.
Hope this helps...
SJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:37 AM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannx View Post
I am having issues trying to set up satellite, from my understanding there are splitters in the trailer somewhere and power can not travel to satellite with the splitter in line. I have a hideout 281dbs and trying to get the walley set up to be able to use it in living room bedroom and outside. Does anyone have any ideas.

Also what are the coax jumper behind the tv in living area for

I have a Playmaker (similar to Tailgater) and a Wally. The dish only has one outlet and the wally only one tuner so only one TV can see the satellite the dish is pointed at. I usually set my sat dish on top my slide and I have installed a dedicated pass through connected on the wall outside my entertainment center in my cabin. TV in the bedroom won't ever see the satellite signal. If the tailgater has two outs, then you will need two RG-6 coax cables connected the two connectors on the sat dish. The second will go to a bedroom TV and its own Wally and will only be able to tune to TV channels on the same satellite as the TV in your entertainment center.

Point is, you will be better putting TWO RG-6 pass through connectors near the TV sets you want to use to watch satellite TV and will need two pieces of RG-6 coax; one connected to each pass through connector coming from the sat dish and two small pieces of RG-6 coax for use in the entertainment center to connect to our Wally and another for the other TV.

The OTA wiring will still work fine but you will have to keep the inline amp on and switch inputs on your TV to watch OTA broadcasts.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote