Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2017, 05:28 AM   #1
Harley1247

Montana Trifold Sofa Bed

I have a montana 356bh with a trifold sofa bed in bunk part and the head part is 6 inches lower than the other two parts. It will also hurt your back because of not enough cushioning. I am trying to get keystone to do something about it, so far no fix except to add spacers to the back hinges. Any one have a problem like this?

Has anyone had a problem with the so called sofa bed in the bunk house? The head part slopes down to the back 6 inches and the middle part will hurt your back. My last rv was a Rockwood and it has an inflateable mattress and was very nice. This is a piece of junk and Keystone doesn't seem to want to do anything about it.
Harley1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:23 AM   #2
slb714

I just purchased a 362rd and my fold out sofa bed was the same way in the back living area. Once the bed is folded out you can adjust the legs that fold down, to lower one side, this helped mine alot but its still not level but much better. You will have to take the nut off if the bolt , remove the bolt and slide the lower part of the leg to the next hole then reinsert the bolt .
slb714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #3
Harley1247

Thanks for reply. I like the 362 but I couldn't quite afford it. I have called Keystone about this sofa, but they are telling me all they can do is add two 6 inch blocks of wood to the hinges to raise it up. I have already tried this and it does level it somewhat, but still not right. The bed is also hard to sleep on. It will kill your back. I am not through with Keystone , if I have to talk to a manager or the owner. This is about the cheapest excuse for a bed I have ever seen. I had a Rockwood before this one and it had an inflatable mattress in a nice love seat and it was comfortable. I was just wondering if anyone has had any similar problems. I guess all of the montana high countrys have the same cheap sofa.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #4
slb714

I hear ya, The kids have not slept on the sofa yet so I cannot comment on that, but I did purchase a topper for them to make it better hopefully. Let me know if you or Keystone comes up with something
slb714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #5
Harley1247

Tried the topper, no help. My wife and I slept on it two nights. We let a couple sleep on our bed and the next morning our backs were hurting. If worse comes to worse I may have to buy an inflatable mattress.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:36 AM   #6
canesfan

It used to be the jack knife sofas with the bar down the middle. Then it was the air mattresses that would leak and you'd end up sleeping on the frame in the middle of the night. Now it seems to be the tri-fold beds. I've experienced the first two, thankfully not the third yet. RV furniture has never been known for being comfy. It's cheap. Period. You are not going to get anywhere fighting with Keystone. Go to WM and buy an air mattress. I carry a couple just in case I need more sleeping space or someone wants to sleep on the patio.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:51 AM   #7
Vicky

Tri fold sofa bed

Did you have an update on this issue? We have a Springdale with the same sofa which we slept on last night. The head portion angles downward causing a horrible bump when it joins to the next piece. Not comfortable at all!!!
Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 04:56 AM   #8
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
Did you have an update on this issue? We have a Springdale with the same sofa which we slept on last night. The head portion angles downward causing a horrible bump when it joins to the next piece. Not comfortable at all!!!
Vicky, the OP has not been on since this last post in February 2017. You may want to start a new thread on your topic.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote