Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

I've got a 40 gallon vertical air compressor in my garage. It has an adjustable regulator output, so I just "dial down" the compressor output to 40 PSI and connect the quick disconnect coupling to the city water input.

I don't know whether you'll get enough volume of air with a small (1 or 2 gallon) capacity compressor. If you have one, try it, but I have no experience using such a small capacity compressor on an RV to winterize it.

My thought is it wouldn't work, maybe other members have some experience with that type compressor and can offer their advice.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:09 AM   #22
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I've got a 40 gallon vertical air compressor in my garage. It has an adjustable regulator output, so I just "dial down" the compressor output to 40 PSI and connect the quick disconnect coupling to the city water input.

I don't know whether you'll get enough volume of air with a small (1 or 2 gallon) capacity compressor. If you have one, try it, but I have no experience using such a small capacity compressor on an RV to winterize it.

My thought is it wouldn't work, maybe other members have some experience with that type compressor and can offer their advice.
Yes you can use the small pancake compressors to blow out the water lines. I use mine several times each winter because we camp often during cold weather.

Just set the regulator to 40-45 pounds. The compressor will cycle more than a larger unit but it isn't a problem.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:10 AM   #23
LoneLizard

Auto leveling system

We've made two trips with the 336bhs and camped a total of four days. It has been everything we hoped for.
So far everything is working great with exception of the auto leveling system. We can use it in manual mode but are getting an error about the left front jack which is preventing the auto levelers from automatically leveling the coach.
We will be taking it back to the dealer and it is very possible that this is user error.
We thought others might want to know about our experience so far. All in all everything is great. We consider this a minor inconvenience and acceptable for a coach of this size and complexity.
Pullrite Superglide 16k
LoneLizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:06 AM   #24
nellie1289

Hey mine did the same thing. I found a post here about how to reset it and a trouble shooting guide and it reset no problem. Let me try and find it.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:19 AM   #25
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneLizard View Post
We've made two trips with the 336bhs and camped a total of four days. It has been everything we hoped for.
So far everything is working great with exception of the auto leveling system. We can use it in manual mode but are getting an error about the left front jack which is preventing the auto levelers from automatically leveling the coach.
We will be taking it back to the dealer and it is very possible that this is user error.
We thought others might want to know about our experience so far. All in all everything is great. We consider this a minor inconvenience and acceptable for a coach of this size and complexity.
read this post, and inside of it is a manual you can download called "ground control 3.0 trouble shooting guide. It is very short and easy read. I followed the directions in in after having the exact same problem and it self corrected in five seconds saving me a trip to the dealer. it autoleveled no problem after it self cleared the code. I now have this guide printed and in my under storage for future reference. Page 9 specifically I think is where I solved my problem(of the guide). PM me if you cant find the pdf file in this post. I can email it to you.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...error+leveling
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 10-05-2015, 11:06 AM   #26
omextreme

the front left on my 2015 montana gave me same error message last week too. It went away but its odd so many left front issues...
omextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #27
Pmedic4

Compressor for blowing out the water lines

I use a small 1 gallon air compressor for my winterizing, and it works fine. Set the regulator to 40 PSI, hook it up to the fresh water connections, and do the same walk around to all faucets/shower/BW flush, water heater (removing the plug), and low point drains. I then also pump full with Anti-freeze, since you need to put some in the traps and toilet anyway. I also use it to maintain my tires - it is slow to put 65 PSI in each tire, but easier than trying to use the big compressor at home.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #28
nellie1289

so I don't think I will pump any antifreeze through because it is so mild here in the winter, just blow out the lines and dump some antifreeze in the pee traps. But the question I do have is how do you "pump" antifreeze through. I did get a couple bottles of this pink Prestone Rv stuff for the pee traps.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Prestone-R...reeze/16213488
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 10-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #29
LoneLizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie1289 View Post
read this post, and inside of it is a manual you can download called "ground control 3.0 trouble shooting guide. It is very short and easy read. I followed the directions in in after having the exact same problem and it self corrected in five seconds saving me a trip to the dealer. it autoleveled no problem after it self cleared the code. I now have this guide printed and in my under storage for future reference. Page 9 specifically I think is where I solved my problem(of the guide). PM me if you cant find the pdf file in this post. I can email it to you.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...error+leveling

You are too kind! I'll try this next time we go out!

Cheers!
Pullrite Superglide 16k
LoneLizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #30
nellie1289

Got mine all winterized today after a final trip for some tailgating and dads weekend at college. Winterized In less than 1 hour and I took my sweet time. Very easy thanks to the advice here and a keystone video on their website. I would not hesitate taking it out mid winter given how easy it was!
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 12-19-2015, 11:05 PM   #31
nellie1289

So today I hung a new LED LCD tv in my cougar 336 bhs. Took about 30 minutes, spent probably 15 minutes of it finding the stud dead center of the wall and re-checking my measurements for hanging the bracket. The stud is easy to identify because if you look carefully on your wall you can see the wall board is mounted onto it with finish nails, and covered with some finish putty in them where they nailed it to the middle stud. I used this as the guide for my lag bolts, but I also used a stud finder and the stud was about 16" in from each side and just to the right of the "mount LCD tv here" sticker on the wall seen in the photos.

They(keystone) says there is a backboard behind too, it is not that thick if there is one back there from me feeling around for it. The stud with two large lagbolts is more than adequate to hold this tv. I will probably take the tv down for travel(bracket has two quick release strings for easy dismount, literally it takes 10 seconds) just to be safe but I definitely fond the stud to be more than adequate for this lightweight tv.

Once I fouind my position I drilled a tiny hole to make sure I was in the stud then drilled a larger hole and put the lagbolt in. The mount even has a built in handy level making your life very easy. I then attached the second bolt, put the hanging brackets on the back of the tv, and hung it in place, I then centered tv on the wall and locked the bracket angle in place. The TV fits perfectly, you plug it right in in the roof, and hook up to the antenna right above the tv. I was done so fast. I layed on the bed and adjusted the tilt of the tv to my preference then took a quick nap in my driveway at house before I took it back to storage.

Parts:

Tv from costco is a 32" Samsung UN32J525D Smart tv, 1080p, weight about 8 lbs Cost of $199(black Friday hell of a deal)

Bracket off amazon: Videosecu model MP409B, tilting mount. I got the tilt bracket only(didn't want to have the arm style as takes up too much room and this is far easier to dismount in literally seconds for travel and lay tv on bed) Cost of Roughly 20$. the bracket on the wall is all that is left when you dismount it.

Pictures doing the project:

More pics to follow
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 12-19-2015, 11:14 PM   #32
nellie1289

and more pics

2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 12-20-2015, 09:57 AM   #33
cant_remember_ID

Nice work

Looks great, thanks for sharing. Does a regular stud finder work to find the supports? I would think so, but sometimes things are weird.
cant_remember_ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:06 AM   #34
CaptnJohn

No need to find studs when hanging where marked as Keystone has a backer board installed. There are stud finders that will find metal (aluminum) studs in addition to wood. They will also find wiring.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:15 AM   #35
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant_remember_ID View Post
Looks great, thanks for sharing. Does a regular stud finder work to find the supports? I would think so, but sometimes things are weird.
it worked for me, but honestly the nail holes where they nailed the facia board onto the studs is the best indicator for me. And there is zero doubt in my mind it is wood stud because I pre drilled it and got solid wood back on the bit before I drilled a slightly larger holed for the mount bolt. It frankly is pretty obvious. light tap with the hammer also gives it away. THe blue tape in my pic down below is where I concluded the stud was.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 12-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #36
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
No need to find studs when hanging where marked as Keystone has a backer board installed. There are stud finders that will find metal (aluminum) studs in addition to wood. They will also find wiring.
Capt John- while I think there maybe backer board back there if there is it is very flimsy in my opinion. Feeling around it sure didn't feel substantial and prior to the project I emailed keystone about it. This is what the genius there said to me. I definitely hit a wood stud in my unit by the way, not aluminum. I would think the external walls are where the aluminum is.

Email From Keystone:

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. I would like to recommend taking your unit to a dealer to verify there is a backer right behind the sticker as in some cases the stickers were placed but no backer was installed. When you verify there is a backer there it should be directly behind the sticker and it will be 15”X20” so you can mount your television. If you have any further questions please let me know how I can be of more assistance.

Best Regards,

Jasmine Armstrong
Owner Relations Advisor

Ph 1-866-425-4369
Fax 1-866-273-1451
[email protected]
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 12-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #37
CaptnJohn

Sad ~~ don't bother with the stickers then! I hung 2 in a Hearltland ~ one was 32" and both hit would where the sticker was. Still drilled the pilot holes but only as a precaution. The studs sure are not 6" on center to fit the hardware.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:26 PM   #38
CaptnJohn

There is a backer board at the sticker in the bedroom of my Cougar 303RLS. When drilling pilot holes I hit metal studs so it was not needed. Hung a 28" on the wall without a problem.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
Old 02-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #39
Cabindweller

Hello! I'm new to the forum as my wife and I have a 2016 336BHS on order. We got every option except the table and chairs (we prefer the booth). We did add the second AC unit from the factory. We bought our first camper (TT) in 2014 and have greatly enjoyed camping as a family (spent 50 nights in it in 2015). Last year I upgraded my half ton Ram to a one ton diesel before towing our TT from Ohio to Glacier National Park and back. I found the 336BHS last summer and we really like the floor plan. We went to the RV show in Cleveland about a month ago and after walking through hundreds of floor plans, the 336BHS still impressed us the most. The show price was substantially less than the prices I had seen at dealerships. Long story short, we placed our order and it is set to arrive "early to mid March". We're really looking forward to kicking the season off this year in our new Cougar!

2017 F350 SuperDuty - Lariat, Crew Cab, PowerStroke, SRW, 4x4
Cabindweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:46 AM   #40
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabindweller View Post
Hello! I'm new to the forum as my wife and I have a 2016 336BHS on order. We got every option except the table and chairs (we prefer the booth). We did add the second AC unit from the factory. We bought our first camper (TT) in 2014 and have greatly enjoyed camping as a family (spent 50 nights in it in 2015). Last year I upgraded my half ton Ram to a one ton diesel before towing our TT from Ohio to Glacier National Park and back. I found the 336BHS last summer and we really like the floor plan. We went to the RV show in Cleveland about a month ago and after walking through hundreds of floor plans, the 336BHS still impressed us the most. The show price was substantially less than the prices I had seen at dealerships. Long story short, we placed our order and it is set to arrive "early to mid March". We're really looking forward to kicking the season off this year in our new Cougar!
sounds great, welcome to the forum. happy to trade ideas knowledge with you in the future just hit me up!

PS, I wasn't aware there is a table/chairs option. I have the booth. maybe that is new for 2016.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV