Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2019, 06:55 AM   #1
Sandals 123

New trailer warranty?

Hi all, I was out camping this weekend and finally had a chance to look through the "package" of information give to me from the dealership. In the package is information about the fridge, stove, TV and so on.

My question is this. All of the information manuals have registration cards for warranty purposes, should I be filling these all out and sending them into the manufacturer? Or is that redundant because they are all included in the Keystone warranty?

Thanks
Alan
Sandals 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Personally I would fill them out if that hasn't been done previously. We completed all of mine at purchase.

Your appliances probably have a 2 year warranty and Keystone has one. Whether Keystone defers to the appliance manufacturer during the first year I'm not really sure. I've had to have a control board replaced on a furnace in warranty - that's the extent of my experience with it (everything else waits until the warranty is expired ). It was covered but I was not told by who.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:31 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The way I understand the warranty is this:

The owner is responsible to fill out/send in/use the internet to register all the appliances, etc. Tires are tracked by the trailer build sheet and the dealer fills that requirement (by federal law ???) Some dealers "may" fill out the registration cards, but unless you ask (and follow up to make sure it was done) there's no way to know if the dealer really did it until it may be too late. So, if you have the cards in the packet, it doesn't hurt to fill them out and send them in..... (JMHO)

If there is a problem with any of the components, the component manufacturer is responsible for its repair. During the first year, Keystone will process the repair and "back-bill" the manufacturer. After the first year, it's the dealer/owner responsibility to notify the manufacturer of the warranty claim and process the documentation.

In other words, during the Keystone warranty, Keystone will fill out the paperwork for any component failure, after the Keystone warranty, the owner or the repairman will need to fill it out if they want to get paid.

As a caution, read the Dometic refrigerator warranty carefully. Many people "think" they have a 2 year warranty with a third year available for a "slight charge". NOT SO !!!!! The only way Dometic will cover a repair during the second or third year is if the refrigerator was inspected/serviced/certified by an authorized Dometic repair center at the end of the first year of service (for two year warranty) and also at the end of the second year of service (for three year warranty). No, the owner can't do the "cleaning/service" it must be done by a dealer/service center.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
Bingo 57

I would fill them out. I did on mine and it definitely came into play when I had a furnace (heater) issue.
Bingo
Bingo 57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty